Protecting Your Business

Mike I completely understand what you are saying. I have not devulged all info on my life & my husband, becuase that was not suppose to be the topic at point. but if you must know some info. My husband is a marine vet with 15 yrs in the militay who I said is a big gun advocate, he knows his weapons & he knows my capablities, as I said we go to the range 2-3 times a week, I completely understand about shooting targets vs a human being. Our cheif who is our dear & close friend has extensivley talked to me about the situation & like I said he feels with absolute certainty that I am capable, he is a licensed firearms armorer and instructor & was not elected as you say because he shoot the most dear, he has 30 yrs military background as well

I do know the ramifications of shooting & robberies, & that is my #1 rule… your life is worth more than money & that my family completly knows that as well, hand the money over with no arguements.

I just got the feeling that because I am a woman, and mostly guys have been responding to this post that I felt that I am being treated differently becuase of that. I just wanted a business owners opinion on open carry while at the store

I think you have already made you choice here but I will chime in on the no side of the open carry. Like others have said, I would be concerned about what kind of neighborhood I was in. It would be much the same as if you had bars on your windows. If that is the length a business has to go I really don’t want to be in there.

I have no opinion on anyone’s choice in this. I am, however, shocked at the state of your society.

Sorry guys but coming from a country where carrying firearms is illegal and any ownership of guns must be liceneced and stored in steel locked cabinets - police approved, I find it difficult to fathom the need to carry weapons.
If we were every the victim of a hold up the perpertator would be told “there’s the till, help youself”. My staff have beeen instructed not to intervene or battle with the criminal, only observe, be compliant and NOT BE A HERO (mainly a DEAD ONE !!)
We have insurance coverage and there is no need for anyone to protect what is easily replaceable - a life isn’t.
I know your laws are different to ours and there is widespread carrying of arms in the US where no-one carrys here ( except police, armed guards and the odd criminal) but I question why there is the feeling to carry at all.
Like Nick, I would walk straight out of a joint if I saw staff carrying a gun.
Also Daisy if you open carry and as you stated you are small in stature what is to stop some big crim not armed as much as you knock you down and take your gun and maybe use it on you?
Time to take a reality check and think is the loss of a couple of grand worth it?
Dave

Daisy like I said…and unless I missed it… nowhere did anyone write you off as a women. You said you are of small size and did a small of the back carry the dropped your pants. That too me said… gun was too big and/or holster was crap. Either way yells inexperience. Military or not… if you are going to carry safely then you need constant training and practice even after your initial training. A police chief that was in the service for 30 years means nothing. Could have been a cook! Even if he was an instructor this is such a different situation and the type of training is unique so please do it right. You have to live or die with the outcome of what you decide. I stand by everything I said and if your husband has 15 years in then he has 15 years of 9mm use so his comments still shock me. Just be honest with yourself and dont put the public or your customers at risk. Also, again, like Nick said…if you choose to carry open…your customer base will suffer big time!!! :!:

I do carry…but concealed. I am in Texas and have been licensed many years to carry. Bottom line is what has already been said. I feel that if a customer saw me open carry then they may feel like they are in an unsafe business (could be robbed at any minute). My opinion…always carry but keep it concealed.

As I stated earlier, I am not going to open carry, but will carry concealed, & as I also stated earlier, I will not pull my weapon UNLESS I feel my life is in great danger. I know exactly what to do in any situation I have been trained & continue with training of all sorts.

Also as I stated earlier, MY # 1 RULE IS TO GIVE THEM THE MONEY. NO PERSONS LIFE IS WORTH THE FEW DOLLARS IN THE STORE SO DONT BE A HERO, I HAVE INSURANCE TO COVER ANYTHING…

Again thanks everyone for your comments