Questions about Wood Fired Pizza Shop??

I’m familiar with them…
Give them a try to see if they work for you.
Think of this though, box is well ventilated allowing steam to escape, no more soggy pizza. Steam has capacity to transport more BTU’s than air, not soggy, or less soggy, but what about the temperature of the pizza???
By all means give them a try to see if they will outperform anything you presently have or can get, but I just don’t think it’s the end all for delivery pizzas.
To my way of thinking we need to come up with a way to seperate the steam from the heat, and we are presently actively working on that concept.
Tom Lehmann

Tom, I think the idea with me is getting the horse in front of the cart, which I am sure is typical of the “new guy”.

Start with great pizza and that’s what will bring people in. I like it, a lot. I guess I never really thought that even if I had great pizza and then delivery created a negative persona around it, this could crumble my reputation on good pizza and eventually I would have put myself out of business…hmmm

This is amazing information and I couldn’t do enough research to find it. You guys are great for offering this un-measurable wealth of knowledge.

Probably wouldn’t put you out of business if you have a really great pizza, but it would certainly lower the perception of your pizza to something closer to that of your competition, and where does that leave you?
Remember, a chain is no stronger than its weakest link.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

I saw them at Pizza Expo. They gave me a sample but there was not room in the carry-on for it. They wanted me to buy a container load at a time.

Daddio, that sucks. What kind of price per box were they looking for? What did you think of it?

The “soggy pizza” has me really thinking on my restaurant concept so I started doing some serious research last night and today. I found a place called “BYO Pizza”. They have a few stores mainly in like TX and Cali. This is EXACTLY what my thought process and business plan has been pushing towards. I read their customer reviews on Yelp and they were EXCELLENT. Brick oven pizza, fast-casual with dine-in and a Chipotle/Subway concept going on. Most of the reviews stated that their pizza was NOT soggy like Brixx pizza. Has anyone else seen/heard of this place?? Any ideas about it?

I just got back from helping a pizza place Pizza Me, in Phoenix, Arizona develop their formulas. Pizza Me has exactly the concept you described, and their pizzas are fresh, hot, crispy and fast. What more could you ask for in a FAST, casual dining place? If you’re in the Phoenix area look them up, they should be opening very soon if they are not already open.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Tom, thanks for info. I looked them up and found a local article written up on them. That is exactly the same concept I am doing. Looks like they are opening sometime mid-month.