Rennovations and uprading look

We have been in business for 16 years in the same location and besides some fresh paint here and there have done nothing to upgrade our “decor”. As you can imagine the shop looks tired and somewhat “dirty”.

The time has come to do what I would consider some major rennovations and updating. My question is: is it best to just shut down for a week or two and then reopen under a grand re-opening marketing strategy or is it feasable to get the work done without having any or minimal down time. We are a Delco. What would be the advantages/disadvantages of either scenario.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Close for the week and get it done without any hassles.
Have a “see us now” grand re-opening.

I had a company come in last year and tear out my old drop ceiling and replace it overnight - we just had to close a bit earlier at that location. Many companies that work with the big restaurant chains specialize in doing work in the wee hours of the morning. My oven-hood cleaners operate that way.

Although, I am planning or replacing my floors next year and I’m guessing that will require a shutdown to disconnect and shuffle around all the major pieces of equipment.

What are the renovations you are planning?

Years ago I worked for Chick-Fil-A. They would chose contractors who would come in after closing (9pm) and complete certain parts of the remodel each night and be ready to open the next day.
Then, since they are closed on Sunday, they would do the large items on Sat pm and Sun. Each morning was exciting because you did not know what was done from the previous night.

The planning has to be exact so only certain items are done nightly knowing you need to be open the next day.
Yes it did cost extra for the labor to be done at night, but you were able to not close and have regular hours.