salads

anybody out there doing a salad with fruit. I was thinking about adding a mixed green salad with red onion, oranges, pecans, gorgonzola, croutons and raspberry dressing. still in the idea phase but hoping for some good ideas and insight from the experts.

that will be a pricy salad…need to make sure you move product to reduce waste…sounds good though

We sell a bunch of salads this time of year. I can’t see why that salad would much higher food cost than any other salad. Even if it is a little bit higher, it’s still less than most of the other food on the menu. Our salads have a FC of less than 20%, so I love them and push them heavily. We do one that we call a Mediterranean Salad that has romaine, olives, artichokes, garbonzos, red onions, grape toms, feta, and Balsamic Vinaigrette. Our customers love it.

Our most popular salad is our Strawberry Spinach Salad: Baby Spinach, Gorgonzola crumbles, fresh sliced strawberries, Maui Onions, macadamia nuts, house-made Strawberry Vinaigrette.

Very refreshing, and not too high of a FC.

All of these salads sound really tasty. One of my favorite side salads is spinach, blue cheese, walnuts or pecans, craisins, pear and raspberry vinaigrette.

We have quite a few entree salad recipes available on our website.

Here are a couple direct links:
Santa Fe Salad con Chorizo
Spring Mix with Warm Bacon Vinaigrette
Chipotle Chicken & Bacon Caesar
Walking Taco - I don’t know about other parts of the country/world but walking tacos are a staple around here.