Sauce at Room Temp

Hello,

Curious if anybody believes there is a benefit and/or Health Department concern with leaving Red Sauce out at room temp. We currently keep our in the pizza prep table…but I keep seeing more & more shops keeping it out. Is there a benefit? Sure would be nice to have more space for 1/4 & 1/8 pans…

I wonder if it would help the crust cook or brown faster? A thin layer of sauce probably comes up to room temp pretty fast while you’re applying cheese and toppings though? I don’t know if it would make much of a difference. Would be fun to test out. They probably do it for extra pan space too. Best bet would be to ask your health inspector. I know here in NYS there is a form to fill out to request keeping certain foods at room temp.

We have always had ours out. Health department requires us to time label it with a 4 hour limit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What happens with it after 4 hours? refrigerate or trash.

You make sure you don’t have enough out that will last over four hours. If you do they will make you throw it out.

In Wisconsin you would have to toss after 4 hours. After 2 hours you could refrigerate.