Seriously McDonalds?

Our local McDonalds (yes, we only have one) just called because their employees were requesting our pizza for their holiday party. So the manager asks my husband if we would be interested in doing a trade for half. My husband pauses, because we really don’t eat fast food, but he asks what the trade would entail. They would like to pay cash for half, but then give us buy one get one free value meal coupons for the other half. He laughs and says no thank you. They call back the next day, because, apparently they really want our pizza. When my husband gives them the total (with a 10% discount mind you) of $130 to feed all 30 of their employees, the manager freaks out, cancels the order and says there is no way his owner would pay that. This just seems unbelievable to me…I know people are struggling, but McDonalds can’t buck up and pay $4.33/employee to get them the pizza they ask for? Employee morale may be at an all-time low over there if they are forced to eat frozen pizza at their holiday party. Anyway, just wanted to vent.

Tell them to call the Laughing Ladies for trade instead!

What a joke. A holiday party for 30 where the budget does not allow spending $130? They better just get some frozen pies from the supermarket.

Yeah you would think after eating McDonalds all the time they would be able to shell out the 130 bucks for such a delicacy!

wow they are insane hahahaha :stuck_out_tongue:

Probably corporate MickyD’s is requiring the manager to pay out of his own pocket for this party.

Last year I took my four employees to a nice Asian restaurant for a holiday lunch and probably spent $100 for the six of us.

My only question is “How many lumps of coal will that manager put into his/her employees socks this year?” You know darn well that the manager getting some type of bonus, and it was the crew that made that bonus possible, so if it were me, I’d be coughing up the $130.00 without any questions. I’d be sticking to my guns on this one.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor