SHIPPING PIZZA'S

I would like to send some pizza’s from PA to my cousin in MASS. Not sure what and how to do it. Do you half bake them and then freeze or what?
Thanks

KJS;
The “or what” probably won’t work, but if you make the pizza on a par-baked crust, and then dress it as desired and stretch wrap followed by 48-hours in the freezer then over wrapped with bubble wrap and placed in a Styrofoam freezer box with a couple ounces of dry ice it should arrive just fine. When I was working at AIB we used to get pizza samples sent in to us this way quite frequently and I can’t think of a time when they were not in great condition when they arrived. You can also use raw dough too, if you go this route again freeze the pizza for 48-hours before shipping it, place the pizza on a piece of baker’s parchment paper and then on a pizza circle and stretch wrap followed by the bubble wrap and dry ice in the Styrofoam box. This worked most of the time, just be sure to make sure you ship it at the beginning of the week so it doesn’t get hung up someplace over the weekend. Most of the time when we received pizzas this way they were beginning to get soft/flexible but the dough did not show signs of beginning to ferment. I would advise that you tell your cousin to bake the pizzas on the same day that he/she receives them on.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Tom is spot on! That is how we ship them.

Thank you

One other thing I might add, use as small of a box as possible as this will help it to retain the cold, and place the dry ice on the top of the contents of the box, not on the bottom…cold air is heavier than warm air so it will settle in around the pizza.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor