Should I close during lunch?

So heres the deal. We have almost been open for 3 years now and our hours have never changed, Sun- Thurs 11am to 9pm and Friday and Sat 11-10pm. We are about 5 miles from the local business but we are in a heavily populated suburb. During lunch I keep myself and 1 driver on. We do prep for about 2 hours and during that time we might have a delivery or 2. Friday Sat and Sun are much more busy during lunch so I am wondering if closing during lunch on Mon - Thurs would do damage to my weekend lunch. I’m open to any suggestions, Thanks!

We run tnto that kind of thing during our off season. We clock the driver in as a cook (higher hourly rate) and have them doing prep and other projects all day. That we keep consistency on hours and do not turn away business, but still make good use of the time.

Why not work on building your lunch business? I spent about 15 mornings visiting five businesses a day and offering one free pizza and as many half-price pizzas as they wanted. Lunch business tripled and held on for months afterward.