Should I open a Pizza Shop?

yes there is money in this business… but like these guys say you have to be here everyday… i am

Thank you all for the replies.

Like I said, it’s a small motel and it doesn’t require ‘hands on’ management. It makes
good money, but I’d like to add some more revenue to it, plus I have a dream of being in foodservice, however smallscale. I have another business which is pretty well ‘hands off’ too.
If I did it, I’d be available to work it everyday, as would the wife and kids. The location is the best in town, so that’s one big hurdle already overcome. ‘No rent’ sounds great to me!

I’m thinking a small deli type place. It could have premade sandwiches, precooked entre dishes
(like mac’n’cheese/salmon casserole/chili/lasagna/etc, single servings) which would be in a display cooler and could be purchased and taken to the rooms and heated in the microwave, pizza by the slice as well as custom order pizza. No deep fryers in the beginning I guess (to keep startup costs lower). Yeah, a little deli/pizza place with exceptional food at a good value, take in or sit down (in a modest seating area).

I love these forums…lots of great info!

I’m already looking at the XLT ovens.