Sold My Shop!!!

Closed on the deal yesterday. Got all my money.
After 12 years of going through everything that all of you have been through, its done.
Thank you to everyone who have taken the time to post with questions, answers, opinions or ideas.
Like the sign in the barbershop” Business is like secs When it’s good it’s great and when it’s bad it’s still pretty good.”
This past year I did a new menu added some items. Sales (volume) have been better then ever.
I’m in a growing rural town population 5k. Last several years doing 250-280 /yr. Delco 7 days/wk open 4-10. Had a good manager and was able to spend a lot of time away from the shop. My net averaged 40k./yr Anyway, I started asking 120 for the business. SBA gave the buyer 108k on the business. The real estate was a separate transaction and it went well for the buyer and myself.
Here it is Friday. This is going to be a very busy weekend and I don’t have to go to the shop. Funny feeling. I don’t know what to do. I’m sure I’ll figure it out. Right after Ophra and The Price is Right.
The best to you all, and God Bless.
Al

Congratulations!

If you are really short of things to do, you can come on out here and buy my stores. LOL.

Well congrats to ya! Just think you will now be able to enjoy the weekends like a normal person. Heck you may even want to spend time looking up long forgotten words in the dictionary…

my first choice would be vocation…oh wait maybe it is spelled vacation as for the definition I have no clue.

So what does one do after they sell…for a living?

Best of luck to ya

Kris

wish i was in your shoes

you know there are times I wish I was in your shoes, but I would miss this. I truley love being a pizza operator.
I look back and see where I started and how I have evolved. I love going to the conventions I love talking to everyone and love the kids that come here.
NO ONE is completely happy and have no headaches, but if you love what you do it makes up for those headaches