Summer time tune up

Hey I just thought now would be a good time to remind you all to get ready for the heat. Its a good idea to have the AC looked at, defrost and clean out the freezers, clean all your coolers fans and condensors, fix blinds,sunshades, screens etc. Also maybe buy a few fans before any heat wave, Guess you know what I am doing tomorrow!!

I had to have the AC checked already cause it was 40C(that is 104F for those south of the border) in the kitchen last week. Don’t forget to change all the filters in your HVAC system too.

Daddio writes:

I had to have the AC checked already cause it was 40C(that is 104F for those south of the border)

Wait a second here. Let me get my geography right…

Isn’t Kansas the center of the earth? Of course, Kansas is in the USA, therefore establishing Canada as being “North of the border” and Mexico “South of the border”? With that in mind, what should’ve been said is:

I had to have the AC checked already cause it was 40C(that is 104F for those in the center of the world 'cause we’re way up here in Canada and we measure temperature using the celsius scale, eh)

-J_r0kk

P.S. Just playin.

Check those insect control devices/lights, and your batteries for your emergency lighting as well as any battery-operated smoke detectors.

HOT TIP: you know that plastic foamy sort of stuff that window AC units used for filter material? Cut a piece of that stuff and put on your evaporator coils for units in the area where grease builds up. Replace the ‘filter’ every week or two, and you cut WAYYYY down on maintanence costs and service calls.

there’s also a spray cleaner designed for those coils…you can get it @ home depot…I used a big piece of scratchy sponge type stuff to cover the coils as once cleaned…

A little bit of Geography trivia. The center of North America is in North Dakota. Or maybe it was South Dakota. Ahhh, I’m going with my original answer of North!

-Scott

OK guys now I am really confused! North Dakota, South Dakota, Kansas?

I was always under the impression the further north your were the closer to the center of the world. After all where does Santa live? Yep it has to be North of the border. LOL

That being said…

http://www.leestreet.com/images/map-on-ass.gif

A little bit of Geography trivia. The center of North America is in North Dakota. Or maybe it was South Dakota. Ahhh, I’m going with my original answer of North!

-Scott

Ahhh, here’s a little more geography trivia. Which city with a minimum of 30,000 residents is closest to the center of the United States?

A: None other than good ole’ Salina, KS. Home of my next store.

[b]Geography
Location of Salina, Kansas

Salina is located at 38°49′27″N, 97°36′26″W (38.824267, -97.607205)GR1.

According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 59.0 km² (22.8 mi²). 58.9 km² (22.7 mi²) of it is land and 0.1 km² (0.04 mi²) of it (0.18%) is water.

Salina is the closest city to the geographic and geodetic centers of the United States with a population of over 30,000. Salina stands at an elevation of 1281 feet.

[/b]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salina%2C_KS

-J_r0kk