take and back dough

Hello, I am looking for a dough recipe that will do well in grocery stores as a take and bake or frozen pizza. I want to be able to make the pizza, shrink wrap it, box it and have it sold from local convenient stores? Can anyone provide some tips for dough and packaging?

I am replying to my own posting with a spelling correction.

Take and Bake dough. I hate spell check. :smiley:

I’ve a fair amount of exp in T & B…

My 1st question is, do you have a pizza operation now?

Are you familiar w/the legal requirements in your state?

Do you have a million $$$ + liability ins policy?

Have you investigated the cost to label you product?

Are you making it in the same store you are selling it, or are you transporting it there? If transporting - how are you getting it there?

Are/will you day/date your product?

Last Q - why are you doing this? Have you already gotten approval from the store/chain?

I’ve a fair amount of exp in T & B…
My 1st question is, do you have a pizza operation now? No

Are you familiar w/the legal requirements in your state? Not Yet

Do you have a million $$$ + liability ins policy? Not yet

Have you investigated the cost to label you product? Yes

Are you making it in the same store you are selling it, or are you transporting it there? If transporting - how are you getting it there? Transport 5 minutes away.

Are/will you day/date your product? Yes

Last Q - why are you doing this? Have you already gotten approval from the store/chain? I am considering this as an alternative to not having a pizzeria. 2 years ago I was in the process of purchasing a convenient store in my town with the thought to add my pizza product (which is unique and not like any others) Heard that before huh. The store was purchased but not by me. They owners now agreed to put my product in their store as a take and bake. I thought this might be a great way to get my brand out there however do not have experience with freezing or refrigerating my pizza. I make it and prefer it fresh.

Take a look in the RECIPE BANK, I’ve got several dough formulas and procedures posted in there, and I’m sure you will find some posted by others too. Because you will be selling the pizzas off-site, be sure to check with your local and state laws to make sure your product is correctly packaged, and labeled. At the very least you will need to have an ingredient deck, allergen statement, and nutritional statement, along with the manufacturers name, and business location (hard address). Your local SBA should be able to help you put everything in order.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

we all have dreams and I don’t mean 2 trash yours, but it seems you’re lacking many ingredients for a successful pizza business…

you’ll need a commercial kitchen to make your product…

it needs 2 b licensed & inspected by the officials in your state…

have you done a business plan? how many pies will you be making for that 1 store? it seems @ 1st glance this is not a “profitable” venture @ this stage…

do you have any relevant experience? (and I don’t mean eating pizza )

Check the bank for recipes like Tom said. While you are doing your product development, do twice as much business development and research. You may find a hurdle you don’t anticipate . . . or even adeal breaker . . . or better yet, a great idea for even more revenue streams and possibilities for your product.

Do get a written business plan of some sort. Sooner and not later. Figure out what your business will be and how it will operate while you ar designing your great product. Balance the two sides (more effort on the planning) or the business will have a much better chance to topple over on you.