Talking to "brick wall" employees

Let’s face it, to run a restaurant one must be a psychologist . In life we must teach people how to treat us, or we will constantly struggle with personal problems. I had a very close friend working for me as one of my drivers years ago, and I had just purchased car top signs and made it very clear that every driver must put them on while working. My friend said he didn’t want to and said it just wasn’t gonna’ happen. I fired him that moment and sent him home. I had no more problems from that point on, nor have I spoken to that so called friend. The bottome line here is to run the business without any personal feelings. lately I have had another driver showing up to work late quite consistantly. I decided to write up a letter reguarding all drivers that the first time they are late a warning will be issued, the 2nd time, I will remove a shift, and the 3rd time I will terminate him. This individual who has been to my home for dinner on several occasions has just received his 2nd warning, and has had a shift removed from his schedule. These actions command respect as others see it really doesn’t matter if they’re your friend or not. It also says alot of your character.

The Dominos girl needs to go…period. If you have told her many times to use the measuring cups only to see her totally dismiss your request, then she obviously will do likewise on many other things you ask her to do. Fire an employee, and get immediate respect. That’s the solution in many situations. None of my drivers show up late anymore, as they know I really don’t care how close they feel they are to me. They probably call me an ahole behind my back, but I really don’t mind. All that says is that I am doing my job correctly. My manager has the power to fire, and I tell her to make no exceptions. She has just as much respect as I do, and when she asks for something to be done, it gets done!

Pete

Or needing to see a psychologist. :lol:

I knew it had to be close, and if your husband shares the same ethics and ways of doing things, then you two are a good team. My husband is a Gemini, 99% of the time the good guy, that 1 % can really set me off :evil:

Our shop is opening on April 30, we will do a dry run…private guests night this Friday, and the invite is open to you and your family.

Hang in there Kiddo, you know you are doing the right thing, and yes it’s frustrating…look at it as just a small cross in life to bare. And, if in some way you can have a positive impact in someone else’s life, you did good. We just can’t help them all…cause you can’t help the helpless…& life goes on!

Andrea

Haha…we even have the same birthday…both April fool’s babies…and he’s a twin…go figure. hehe

Yeah, he has been working at our PJ part time (he has a full time job at Whirlpool, anyway) when he was only to be a backup driver for them in case of call outs.

He drove for 6 years and didn’t want to work “on schedule” for anyone…but our boss listens and schedules when available…but once he saw how hubby worked…he begged us to put him on schedule 2 days a week while we’re so short on drivers…hehe

So yeah, we’re both pretty bullish about getting our jobs done and usually don’t stop 'til they are.

Man, I wish I could attend your opening, but there is a high probability I will be working that night. If not, though, we’ll see what we can do. I just won’t know 'til I go in in a few minutes to check the new schedule.

Best of luck!