Hey guys, I am in the final phase of setting my Point of Success POS up and have run into a huge problem. None of the cash draw open control codes are working for my printer(bixolon srp-350). Does anyone have the code for this model printer. Can’t find em anywhere on the net. I know its a longshot but any help would be appreciated.
Here is my source. http://pages.prodigy.net/daleharris/popopen.htm
Thanks Daddio, I had stumbled upon that page this morning, but the code didnt work. I think I either have a bad cable going from the printer to the drawer, or a bad solanoid on the drawer. I finally got my entire menu programmed into point of success and am itching to “go live” with it.
You might try posting your problem on the POS forum at http://www.posroundtable.com/wowbb/. They gots lots of folks who could be of help if they are reading it the next couple of days.
In my experience you have a 99% chance the cable is the problem, 1% solenoid. I’m being generous on the solenoid because I have never seen one fail. The connector on the printer looks like a phone jack but a phone cable will not work!
I talked to POS support(who are very helpful BTW), and they said the same thing. I ordered a new cable from my drawer manufacturer, and I have a feeling that will do the trick. Thanks again for the help guys.