Thanksgiving?

This will be our first Thanksgiving, what should I expect for the night before? I have heard that it is the second most popular night for pizza behind Super Bowl Sunday. Is this true and what % increase in orders should I plan for? Any advise will help.
Scott

This will be our third Thanksgiving. For the last two we have been about 200% over a regular Wednesday… which is just a little bit shy of an average Friday for us. We’re staffing as if it’s a Friday night with the exception of delivery drivers. Most of the excess business we’ve had over the past two were Dine-In.

In my delco, we typically do about 60% more than a normal wednesday the day before Thanksgiving. I also open on Thanksgiving day and do about 75% of a normal Thursdays sales in half the hours I’m normally open.

Will be our 9th. Averages about 150-175% more than regular Wed, lot of Pizza.Worst Friday of year, about 2/3 of a Regular Friday.I won’t be working!

I don’t really know about delivery, but if you have dine in with a liquor license you could get pretty busy. Thanksgiving eve was always our busiest night of the year by far when I was in the sports bar business, unless of course the wildcats made it to the championship!

I thought everybody went to Dirt Bags???

Now that the night is almost over… I don’t think our receipt printer could print tickets fast enough…

It was a horrible night. Tremdenously understaffed. This tops one of my worst nights ever since I’v been in business.

Plus I had to fire a driver before the shift even started, so that just added to making it such a wonderful night :slight_smile:

• Rob

we do double the amount of business then a normal wednesday. Makes up for being closed thanksgiving!

Since I wasn’t open last year, I base my sales off of what I did the week before. We did roughly about 165% of what we did last week. I to was a little short staffed but had someone on call when it got real busy.

Hope everyone has a great holiday!!

your store is about 5 miles from mine, We did 3 X a normal wed. I was ready for it though.

I don’t really know about delivery, but if you have dine in with a liquor license you could get pretty busy. Thanksgiving eve was always our busiest night of the year by far when I was in the sports bar business, unless of course the wildcats made it to the championship!

Magoo,

I see what you’re saying and I would think that formula works, but… last night:

68 Delivery orders
68 Carryout orders

[size=4] 3 DINE INS!!![/size]

I was in the same boat with you and thought we’d get some dine in stuff going, but… nope. It was all carryout and delivery. -J_r0kk

For me, each day is a new experience. I came from a store that does about $9000 on the day after thanksgiving. This was a walk in the park compared to that.

I don’t know what happened, but we did an average night. Same thing as this years Super Bowl, nothing to write home about.
Tom R