The difference between heated pizza press and non heated

Hey ! Can anyone shed some light on the differences in dough quality/baking difference using a heated and non heated press?

I’m asking because I’m thinking about buying a stove like this.

Any solutions?

Hey!
Using a heated press in baking can result in a softer texture accelerated yeast activity enhanced browning and consistent production. Its suitable for products like flatbreads. In contrast a non heated press maintains the original dough temperature leading to a potentially firmer texture slower yeast activity lighter crust and requires more attention to consistency.
The choice depends on the desired characteristics of the final product with experimentation recommended for optimal results.

A heated press is likely to give you a more fine and professionally baked crust, on the other hand a non-heated press might result in a slightly different texture and appearance.

1 Like

Hey!
Can a heated pizza press deliver perfect pies or just burnt dreams?

Yes! It can deliver perfect pies if used correctly. the Key lies in maintianing the right temperature and cooking time.

1 Like

I have 2 heated proluxe presses. 12" and 16" platens. I’d never buy any press again. We’d prefer hand stretching and got caught up in the “ease” of the press

1 Like