the hotter it gets.........

Does any1 notice the hotter it gets the slower it is? Is this true for any1 else its been humid and hot here so its been s-l-o-w the last week… :cry:

UP23,

I don’t think it’s necessarily the temperatures that are keeping your sales lower. I think you’re in the right ballpark, but what you should truly be looking at is the big round thing that creates the hotter temperatures. That’s right, the sun. I’m sure temperatures affect business a little, but the sun going down between 8:00 and 9:00 hurts because, as you know, we’re a night-time oriented businiess.

This is why pizza operators love fall and winter months. Yes, the weather gets crappy and nobody wants to go outdoors, so sales increase because of this factor. However, the sun also goes down as early as 4:30, therefore creating more sales opportunities for most pizzerias because most families are indoors.

Yes, there are exceptions to the rule. But, generally speaking, this fact holds true in most cases.

-J_r0kk

High temps and high humidity make it very uncomfortable. When it’s that bad no one feels like eating a piping hot pizza.

I know that on days like that I’ll wait until the sun starts to go down and then fire up the grill while keeping myself well hydrated by frequently administering some of Pottsville, PA’s finest. Icy cold Yuengling Black and Tan.

Sometimes it works the opposite though. People say it is too hot to turn their own ovens on so they get a pizza. You never know which way it’s going to go.