This is kind of shocking...

I have a DoughPro DRP3000 and lately I’ve noticed I am getting shocked by it. The really strange thing is that I can be standing there, touching or holding my hand near the bottom feed and not get shocked…I only get shocked when the dough comes out and makes contact with my hand.

It’s like it is electrifying my dough…hows that for a new taste sensation???

Anyone have any similar experience with sheeters like this or know why it might be happening?

I would guess that you have a bad ground. Check the power cord, make sure all connections are tight. Next I would test the receptacle, actually test the receptacle first.

Electricity, could be your new secret ingredient.

I’m guessing that you have a short in one of the heating elements in the heated head. Use a multimeter to see if it shows current on the head without and dough present.
In the mean time, Do Not Use It.
Maybe George Mills can weigh in on this too?
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

I’ll start poking around with my multi meter, but I’m not sure how to check for a short in a heating element. In fact I didn’t even think sheeters had a heating element…I thought those were used in dough presses.

A sheeter wouldn’t have a heater element, would it?

I know dough presses have heating elements, I doubt that most sheeters do. Let us know what it turns out to be. Oh, please be careful!

Oops, saw Dough-Pro and immediately went into dough press mode. Neeever Miiind. Yep, not many sheeters have a heated head or sheeting roll. Probably just a bad/faulty ground. Open the electrical connection box to check things out. Wouldn’t want to find a loose wire in there that might create a direct short. Could be a fatally shocking moment.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Most def. a bad ground. Until you find the issue make sure it’s plugged into a GFIC at the least…

It would seem to me that it is a bad ground, and the moisture in the dough is transferring the electricity. I wouldnt use it until it is fixed.