Thrive vs. Speedline vs. Point of Success

We are in the process of installing Toast pos. A 3 terminal system. So far has been a little stressful. They have a hard time following trough with their sales promise. Programing our menu has been a chore on their part. We broke our menu down to exactly how we would like it, over 10 pages. On our first menu review it was only about 1/3 complete. It was done by a third party and the person who was reviewing it with us was not up to speed on our menu. She was great but just no on top of it like she should have been. I honestly don’t think she reviewed anything before our menu review. We have our second menu review this week 11/21/17. Looking forward to making this work. They want to push us to go live, but I’m going to make sure our menu is 100 percent before we do. I will post updates soon.

I feel like that happens with any pos company. they just don’t know your restaurant and menu like you do. I know when I got my speedline system I spent a whole day tweaking and fixing the menu.

I am still tweaking and fixing my menu after 13 years. I just find things that make it easier to enter special requests.

Seems like the menu builders that work for the POS companies rarely have any actual restaurant experience. It’s best to learn the ins and outs of your system so you can make any changes you want yourself.

As a POS dealer who also has 20 years experience in the restaurant business, I could not agree more. Most POS users like to have the ability to make changes without having to call someone. With my customers I normally only need to get involved in major changes.

We are considering getting Toast and just wondering if you might share your thoughts now that you’ve had it a few months. Are you glad you got it or do you wish you’d looked elsewhere? Thanks.