Togo Slices Question

Hello,

Seeking feedback on what other shops offering slices utilize for togo slice packaging?

We offer an 18" 4-cut slice @ $4. Seeing guest throw their $.38 box away once they walk out the store drives me crazy! Would prefer to provide 2 paper plates, but sure we will get pushback.

As always, thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback!

We have a dining area so take this as it is. We ask before they pay if it is for here or to go. If they intend to eat here, we give them paper plates. If they need more we give them to them. If it is to go then we give them the box.

Yes, this annoys me as well. We do a 14" cut into 6 slices. We use paper plates along with a wrap/envelope for the slice. Put the slice on the plate with the wrap around it. Fits fine. No dining room, only carryout and delivery. If the customer orders 2 we can fit both into an 8" box - that isn’t so bad. Annoying when a customer wants/expects a box for it when they are taking it in their car, etc. Go to the gas station and ask for them to box up your slice. They will look at you like you are crazy! I understand for a delivery, but geez. Go to subway and ask them to box up your sub.

$0.38 per box…Yikes…Would a small bakery box work?..Should be less that $0.10 each…Also, I think they have something similar made for slices…Or is it the size of your slice that makes that not work?..

Ok so you got a few options
1)Paper plates slid in a bag…most cost effective but customer cant stack other items on it when leaving, and it looks shitty unless your a slice joint, then its fitting.

2)corrugated box, most expensive… no stacking issues for customer, but not worth it for you. Whenever I see places give corrugated boxes for slices, im wondering if they know what they pay for these.

1. Clay box… looks nice and professional, can be stacked, more cost effective than corrugated…id go clay box

We use paper plates majority are fine with it. If someone asks for a box we put it in the box but usually people who want slices are eating it on the way out the door so plate works well

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Paper plates are the best/easiest/cost effective.
My reply was meant only if the order absolutly needed to be boxed up

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/pizza-wedge-box-one-slice-pizza-box-case/245I9PB.html?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=GoogleShopping&gclid=CjwKCAjwu7LOBRBZEiwAQtfbGMS5yeoufzhU2ClnmcyDCuZAotBBfU6FHa6F_z1FE8BL4-dhTkBcJRoCdBMQAvD_BwE
You might want to try these. I believe Restaurant Depot carries them too.

I use paper plates with foil, or 8" boxes for 2 or more slices.

we use (2) 9" coated paper plates (1 on bottom, 1 on top) and it slides perfectly in an 11x15 mill bag…the few that ask for a box we give it to them but unless it is 3 or more slices this is how we do it

We use 9x9 styrofoam (8 cents) for 1-2 slices, and our custom box for 3+ slices (20-40 cents). I’d like to find a better option for the styrofoam though because of it’s environmental impact.

If they’re eating the slices in house, which 80% of our customers do, we use a washable melamine plate, which I highly recommend. They look nice, are affordably priced, and impossible to chip or break.

If you buy paper plates, spend a few extra pennies on a nicer plate. Slices will stick to the cheaper plates and possibly pull some paper off. Also, if the customer is going to use a fork and knife to cut their slice you don’t want them cutting through the paper plate. And the grease from the pizzas will soften the plate, so count on this happening with cheap paper plates. Originally, we used the cheapest plates they sell at Sams Club and had the aforementioned problems. Then, we switched to Chinet brand paper plates. I’d highly recommend this brand if you’re going to stay with paper plates. Now, we’re using the melamine plates.

Good luck!

In house we use 10" pizza pans to plate on. they won’t break and they last forever. I use clay boxes for to go and still havent found anything better but I sure don’t like the cost.

Its important to note what size slices were talking about cuz an
8 slice 16” is different than a
6 slice 18” pizza
I HATE slices btw… I know some places absolutly kill it with slices but I find them to be an annoying neccesity

I make 20 inch counter pies and cut them into 8.
I have custom 10 inch & 14 inch boxes for slices to take out.
I can fit 2 slices into the 10 inch.
3-4 slices in the 14.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk