Tom Lehmann has Passed Away

I was informed today by Tom “The Dough Doctor” Lehmann’s wife that he passed away this afternoon from his battle with Covid. He was surrounded by family. Her message was very short.

“Tom passed away this afternoon. He is with the Lord now.”

Tom was the most knowledgeable, selfless, professional in our industry that I have ever had the honor of knowing and working with. He was a great friend and always willing to help with anything. He never belittled you for you ignorance or lack of knowledge about a topic. Instead, he would make sure you walked away understanding it very clearly.

As anyone who got to meet Tom or spend any time with him knew, he always had a story for every occasion. Forever the epic tale teller, his stories were always full of important information which made them worth listening to every second of. He will be missed and forever in my heart and the heart of our industry.

God Bless Tom. You will be missed my friend. Light those ovens in the sky and save me a seat at your table. You better have some bread ready for when I come knocking.

4 Likes

Tom helped me on many occasions, often responding to me in the middle of the night. I wondered if he ever slept! A great guy gone too soon

1 Like

He was always an inspiration. I looked forward to talking with him at Pizza Expo each year. There was never a time when he didn’t teach me something. Rest inPeace my friend.

2 Likes

Very sorry to hear. RIP

1 Like

Prayers to the family. Tom has helped me as well a few times in the past yrs. He was a very knowledgeable person. He will be missed by many.

My sincere sympathy to his family and friends.

I am SO sorry to hear this, my sincerest condolences.

RIP Tom.

It was great meeting you at AIB and seeing you at Pizza Expo.

From the owner of Johnny Rad’s Pizzeria Tavern in Baltimore; “RIP ‘Dough Doctor’ Tom Lehmann. I’m sure I have a story similar to many other unapologetic pizza nerds, from the days of the PMQ Think Tank forums well over 10 years ago, baking pizzas at home. On the forums and off, this dude would offer help with just about any question/concern/problem/inquiry, no matter how big or small, regarding pizza dough, for just about anybody who was (or even wasn’t) sincerely interested. He was like a professor whom you could consult with, and was genuinely excited when he helped solve a problem you might’ve had. Since opening a pizzeria, I have shared this man’s videos and dough recipes, procedures & fundamentals with many of my kitchen staff in hopes they would enjoy learning what I learned from him and his colleagues. I wish more aspiring pizzeria operators could’ve had a chance to know him. He passed away on Saturday 12/12 from a lost battle with COVID 19. Rest In Pizza, buddy.” 🍕❤️

4 Likes

he was one of the good ones