Too bad he missed the third...

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/0 … bbery.html

Maybe I’m just “outta the loop”, did I miss something here?
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

I dunno. Did you read the linked article?

Reminds me of a great Simpson’s episode:

Moe: Uh, hi, I’m Moe S.
Crowd: Hi, Moe!
Moe: Yeah, so last night I was closing up the bar, when some young punk comes in and tries to stick me up. [the crowd gasps]
Sideshow Mel: Whatever did you do, Moe?
Moe: Well, it coulda been a real ugly situation, but, I managed to shoot him in the spine. Yeah. I guess the next place he robs better have a ramp!

I don’t agree with the Pizza Hut policy of not allowing employees to carry a weapon. Of course they should be trained to just hand over the money, but the criminals put the employees into the cooler and began beating one of them. At that point it went much beyond a robbery and the employees should be able to protect themselves.

Let’s let every potential criminal think we’re all armed and dangerous. Maybe they’ll think twice.

Edited to clarify: Assuming it’s legal for the employee to be carrying in the first place

But I thought all we had to do was make guns illegal and we’d be safe? I mean, criminals wouldn’t dare use a gun if it were illegal would they?

Gotta love how these stories always wind up talking about how the police are going to go after the guys who “protect” themselves with guns.

My dad was a professional police office most of his adult life. At one time he was on the Cook County (Illinois) Police Department. A fellow office had a Halloween party (complete with costumes), and two idiot criminals decided that a costume party was just the ticket for a robbery and clean getaway, nobody would ever recognize them once they got rid of their costumes after the robbery. They proceed to find a costume party (you already know where this is going) and yes, it is the party at the police officer’s home (criminals didn’t know that). They enter the party without a problem, and soon announce that “this is a stick-up” or what ever they said. Everyone was instructed to place their wallets and valuables into the bag being circulated while the other one stood on the basement stairs holding a handgin on the party goers. As instructed, all of the party goers then reached for their most valuable asset, and in an instant, there were more than 20 pistols pointed at the two criminals (Cook County officers were required to be armed 24/7/365) Oops!
Situations such as this are already on record except instead of police officers, they were armed citizens with legal concealed carry permits. It’s about time Oops! becomes a greater part of the criminal vocabulary.

A criminal like that has the right to meet his maker with the help of Mr.Lead.

That’s a funny story Tom. I just don’t understand the thought process of people that think outlawing guns will solve the gun issue.

We are armed at our place.

We need a off topic section on the tt to vent issues and have a little fun outside of just talking pizza.

pt

I hear that the guy has already been fired. No surprise there.

This Pizza Hut is about a mile away from one of our stores - a direct competitor. I hope this guy comes down to our place, I’ll give him a job.

That is a shame that PH reacts as they do. They would rather be getting the write ups about multiple employees shot and killed during a robbery than the news of a lawfully carrying employee saved his and other employee lives during a violent holdup. WTF is wrong with that line of thinking. The trash of the world needs to start thinking twice about acting as they do…and the fear of walking into anyplace with an unknown number of legally armed citizens is a good start in my book. Maybe I am biased being a CCW holder myself. I want to think I am part of the solution here not the problem. :!:

PT;
That’s an excellent idea to have an “off topic” section to the THINK TANK. I’ll pose it and see what happens.

:lol:

Tom, do you think they will really set up an off topic section? That’s crazy!

You will never be able to hit a home run if you don’t go to bat. It never hurts to try. I think it would be interesting to try it and see how it works. There are a lot of things we can all vent on in a place like that without detracting from the THINK TANK. This is a very good example of something that would fit into it, as would some of the earlier discussions/rants over delivery drivers, customers, and sales people. As long as all of the same rules apply as they do to the TT, it would be something to consider.

Tom,

It will never happen. There will never be an Off Topic section on the PMQ forums.

What, do you think they would put an Off Topic forum, say, third forum down - just after Delivery Driver Discussion? No way! Or that they might describe it as "Feel free to discuss what’s on your mind… "? Nah, not in a million years.

Sorry to be so pessimistic, but lets get real here…
:mrgreen:

Wow, it seems that this driver really did hold his composure as long as he could have. It is a shame that PH didn’t look after his well-being following this incident. :? I hope he can find some peace after all of this is over. Personally, I am 100% for CCW permits and the legal personal protection that was displayed here.

On another note… I hope you all enjoy this new addition to our forums.

-Mike

Just make sure you give him the same speech about how guns aren’t allowed at work. It’s all about insurance and liability. Don’t wink and nudge nudge.

However, if you read the story, twice, he failed to comply because doing so would have caused his gun to be visible. It’s ARGUABLE (in court, not in real life) that had the guy not had a gun, no one would have been injured.

I’m just glad the guy didn’t injure the robbers. The taxpayers would be paying for expensive trials.

But, the one take-away I got from the story … If Pizza Hut sold COKE products, the manager wouldn’t need to go to McDonalds to get a soft drink worth drinking. Ah, if only I were an attorney, I could sue Pizza Hut for putting lives in danger by selling Pepsi products.