TRACKING Customer by Zones

Accidentally posted this on the wrong section…so hopefully I’ll get responses on here :)…

Database mailing have been giving us great results but as of now we’re just sending the same ad pieces to all customers in our system that we have addresses for. We’d like to take this a step further and be more strategic such as sending different offers to lazy customers and active customers.

We’re using Speedline as our POS w/ Microsoft Map Point. My questions are:

1.) How do you divide your trade area into zones using your POS?
2.) How can I get all the street names in my trade area of 4 miles ? Is there a software? Getting a Thomas Guide and manually inputting each street name is obviously the last thing we want to do Smile. There are parts in our area that are newer communities so about 3% of the streets might not be on any mapping system.

In addition to database solo-mail, we’d also like to use this for our door hanging efforts.

Thanks guys!

Hi movvid,

SpeedLine partners with American Clearinghouse (ACH) for delivery zone mapping. Call your sales rep first – you’ll need a special SpeedLine code to get started.

Then click the video link on this page to see how to set up your zones online at americanclearinghouse.com.

With a Streets Database from ACH, you get:

• Automatic zone assignment according to the boundaries you draw on your delivery area map
  • Faster new customer order entry (street & zip code auto-fill and verification when you enter a new customer address)
  • More accurate and complete addresses for customer database marketing

You also have the option of purchasing a prospect database (ACH calls it a Customer Database) for your trade area, and loading it into SpeedLine. To send a solo-mail promotion to your trade area to drive new business, print mailing labels using the Prospects report in Store Manager (Reports>Customer>Prospects).

When a “prospect” orders for the first time, SpeedLine automatically moves that person from the prospect database to the customer database. No address entry, since you already have the correct mailing address in the database, and your customers are always excluded from your prospect mailings.

If you need a hand with targeted customer marketing, call me anytime (888-400-9185 ext. 2217). Subscribe to POS Quick Tips and the SpeedLine Challenge[/url] for more help. And if you’re on support, [url=http://www.speedlinesolutions.com/Home/UserLogin/tabid/161/Default.aspx?returnurl=%2ftabid%2f112%2fxmmid%2f623%2fxmid%2f64%2fDefault.aspx]register on our website for SpeedLine INSITE to get access to the full library of online training videos and tutorials, webinars, discussion forum, etc.

Jennifer