Trouble Stretching Dough

Hello Tom!

I have been practicing making pizzas for quite some time now and the one problem that I’m running into is the dough is not very extensible and snaps back after being stretched. The recipe that I’m using is 60% water, 1.75% salt, 2% sugar, .375% IDY, and 2% olive oil. I found this recipe from your channel as well. I use the delayed oil method where I mix the water, salt, sugar, flour, and yeast for two minutes then add in the oil and mix for another 10 minutes or so. Then I divide the dough into balls and let rise for about 24 hours in the fridge. I let the dough warm up to room temperature as well by leaving it on the counter for about 1.5 or 2 hours. After this, the dough looks and feels great but is very difficult to shape. I have tried a 20 minute autolyse and experimented with different ratios for the ingredients but have not had much success. The only way I have been able to stretch out the dough to bake is by using a rolling pin. Would you have any tips or insights on how to make the dough more extensible? Maybe add or delete any ingredients? Thank you in advance!

Best,
Dedar

its sounds like your dough is too dry or your mixing it too long

I’d say mixing too long too. Try 6-8 minutes on speed 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk