Uber Eats, Grub Hub, Postmates, Amazon

I checked and doordash’s prices are the same as mine so I guess they’re not making money on me :slight_smile:

That’s good. We have 4 locations. They had higher prices at 3 and the same at 1. So they are definitely all over the map.

If their service benefits you by all means use them. It just wasn’t a fit for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No I don’t use them but I’m under the impression that you don’t need to partner with them for customers to use their service.

I thought the same thing.
We just need to do a better job and market more!
I had no idea that after almost 20 years of being one of the top 3 delcos in a major market (200,000) plus that I would lose 60% of my business to third party delivery sites.
Now over 400 restaurants to order from across all of the sites.
Uber Eats, Grub Hub, Doordash, Post Mates, Slice, Amazon, Delivery Dudes and my favorite is Yelp!
All digging into the profits of one of the toughest businesses to be in.
Sorry for the rant!

Here is how door dash works. They automatically list you as a restaurant they work with. This is all part of the sales pitch. They charge the customer the fee. Sometimes up to $10 they do this so you can see how many orders they can get you then when you sign up it turns into a Uber eats. They give you a tablet send orders ect… take their 25% but their sales pitch is if we already get you x amount of business by charging the customers imagine how much we can get you if you foot the 25% I laughed in the salesmen’s face. I said keep doing what your doing. If customers are stupid enough to spend a extra $10 to get a burger delivered down the street so be it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What would you say to someone in a state with a very high min wage? I have to pay drivers $11.10 an hour and that will be going up to $12 an hour next year.

Can you make the drivers a tipped employee while on the road?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Steve, Some states this cannot be applied to. I think Connecticut is one of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We don’t deliver or use and delivery services. Postmates is the only one that has continued to try and use us. We finally got through to the others to take us off their sites. Postmates refuses and we turn away at least 30 orders a week from them. We tell the driver we don’t work with them and they put us on their site without our permission. Then the phone rings and it is a postmates person calling from some foreign country asking why we refused. We tell them we don’t want to work with them and to take us off their site. Now we just hang up when they call (told them over 50 times). We now are in the process of getting legal advice. We found the postmates rep in our state via the state attorney general site. Now we will call the city and get a contact for the person and send a cease and desist letter. The lawyer tells us if they continue then we have physical evidence and can sue. I feel it is just a matter of time before some mental case poisons someone and that would be horrific. Also one of our customers told us yesterday they ordered a $12 menu item that was delivered by postmates and were told it was $28. We are a mom and pop shop and consistently high quality food and service is our bread and butter. Places like this are a train wreck waiting to happen for us.

Agree, I don’t want some person I don’t know and the customer doesn’t know, delivering the food. If Postmates is calling from the same phone number Everytime, you may be and to contact your phone service provider and have the number blacklisted. We use pizza cloud for phone and internet now and I’ve done that with a few numbers that don’t hang up when they get the welcome message. Takes a lot of stress out not having to deal with solicitors

Thanks for that tip. Unfortunately the numbers are not the same each time. I feel for the drivers. They get screwed driving to our shop and not making any $. I am excited to get the cease and desist letter going. Hopefully they respect it and take us off their site. If not we will sue them. I heard In and Out Burger settled out of court with them. Walter

Yes CT only considers tipped employees servers & bartenders period! Domino’s took the case all the way to the Supreme Court and lost so we are shit out of luck and will eventually be paying drivers $15/hr. I suspect delivery charges will be start at $5 to offset some of these increases.

Crazy world we live in. At that point does it even make sense to own a pizza shop? Kitchen staff will want more hourly than that since the drivers will get $15/hr plus tips. What’s the owner get? A net loss?

You can use me as a crystal ball to look into your future. Our average driver makes $14 and our average delivery charge is $4.50

Correct! No money for you.

I just saw you messages you sent me. I guess I have not logged in for a while.

Yeah you’ve been MIA! Thanks for the responses, I appreciate it!

has anyone had luck with printing out a single copy of a menu with 20% increased prices and just submitting this menu to them (grubhub) to offset their 17% fee (that’s what they asked of me, plus 3.25% for credit card processing fee)? is there a way to submit prices without them taking prices out of my website? I think if I could do that, that would work for me.

You tell them any price you want. They don’t care. They will do the initial set up from your website, or a menu you send them. but then you can very easily change it when they give you access to your grubhub portal. Or you can call them but you are limited to 5 menu edits per call.

This is what happens when the person delivering your product does not have an interest in the well being of your business

https://www.knoxnews.com/story/news/crime/2019/02/26/maryville-howard-matthew-webb-food-tampering-dinner-delivered/2993613002/

Absolute idiots out there in this world. I hope they throw the book at him.