Update to the Triple stack conv. ovens.

I just got a message from ebay stating that the buyer fell through and I can have it for my high bid of 8300.What should I do I have 3 days to do this and I believe only I can do it.Kind of like I have an extra 3 days to decide for free.Any other ?'s I should ask them
Derek

are you allowed to go look at it?

be careful…

I’ve bought & sold quite a bit on ebay, but there are many who have no scruples…

if you feel any doubt, use a 3rd party to escrow the funds, tho I believe the firm selling them is o.k., they’re not my fav 2 deal with…

don’t be afraid to counter offer, as they might not have another back-up bidder…

Could be a con job. Did they initially offer you an opportunity to beat the high bid? If they did it was defiantly a con job.

Do you get any type warranty?

Does anyone know if they honor their warranties?

George Mills

I’ve gotten several “second chance” aution offers where first bidder bailed or stiffed. they go to the second bidder instead of paying extra $$$ to re-list the item.

Do be cautious, but also know this is not unheard of in eBay world. Do be cautious and get your best deal.

second chance offers come thru your message inbox of you eBay account. you have to log into your eBay account and check for a mail massage for a second chance offer. they don’t come thru your regular mail. only scams do… and most of the second chance offers are a scam…there is a big problem with this type of scam on eBay. ask to pick item up and pay in person. good chance you can’t or you’ll get no reply.

It’s a legit offer I am just scared buying an older oven,that’s why I was going to buy a 100% refurbed LI 1450 X2.Then I’m back to the Deck vs conveyor oven debate.
D

Re: EBAY sales/ovens. I have never purchased nor sold anything on EBAY and I have a set of Q-Matic 55’s for sale that I have used about 18 months. Is EBAY the best place to sell them? Is there a service that will crate them for shipment? What does it cost to sell something on EBAY?
Thanks in advance for any input.

I think ebay is by far the best way to sell as you get national exposure.Without ebay I never would have bought a few of my cars among other things
D

ebay has its ups & downs…

MM seem 2 sell better, as they are better known…

There are companies that will crate your stuff, but you can get a pallet and frame it in w/2X4’s and that will work…

Sadly, you won’t get top dollar on ebay, but it will sell, eventually…

Make sure you put a realistic reserve price…too high, no takers…too low, you may not get your fair value…

Re: EBAY sales/ovens. I have never purchased nor sold anything on EBAY and I have a set of Q-Matic 55’s for sale that I have used about 18 months. Is EBAY the best place to sell them? Is there a service that will crate them for shipment? What does it cost to sell something on EBAY?
Thanks in advance for any input.

Thanks for the tips…

First, search for completed auctions for similar items. Anything in green actually sold. The red ones didn’t (reserve set higher than the max bid or initial bid never met). Here’s my recent personal experience. Hobart A-120 (12 quart, not 120). I bought one for just over $400. I see others listed at $1500 over and over and over again – because it’s priced too high). But if I were to search for an A-120, I’d probably see it and maybe one more, which would lead me to possibly believe they’re WORTH $1500. So, I’d list mine and it’d sell for $400-$500 and I’d feel like I got ripped off.

Next, the more work the buyer has to do, the less interested they are. If it’s only available for local pickup, you’ve made a local ad. You will lose out on profit. Many of the potential bidders won’t bid, meaning that even if a local guy put his max bid in at $1500 and the next guy only bid $300, he’d get it for $305 or something like that since there was less competition. Next, if I have to arrange my own shipping, that’s more trouble too and fewer people will bid.

Finally, most of the “serious” bidding comes in the last few minutes. A lot of people use “sniping services”, which preys on Ebay’s auction method (auction ends at x:xx, rather than extending the bidding process until people stop bidding like in a live auction). Early bidders are often just trying to get something really cheap (bidding $1 on no reserve auctions, hoping that no one else bids – very, very, very unlikely) or people trying to determine the “reserve” price.