USP/Point of Difference

As we’re gearing up for our new venture, we’re revisiting our USP…

I’d appreciate the TT member’s current USP’s…

Local Pizza Tastes Better

We back it up with local ownership, hyper local product-sourcing, support of local schools, churches, and organizations, etc.

I think it is important to be able to firmly back up your USP. A restaurant just opened next door to me and they seem to be focused on “Fresh”. However, the menu items and preparation I’ve seen from their kitchen are not fresh (e.g. a frozen hamburger patty with frozen waffle fries, pastas that are sautéed in brown cream sauces, pre-cut pre-cooked Andouille sausage from Sysco). Makes the USP meaningless in my eyes…

To quote Rush Limbaugh ( I think)- words mean things!!!

I saw a sign today that said “Our Pizzas Are Made in Maple Ridge”…I guess that is saying they start from scratch locally as opposed to coming par-baked from a commissary…

We do five different stuffed crusts (Cheese, Cheese and chive, Chilli Cheese, Cheese and pepperoni and our new Bacon and cheese) plus the occassional special crust. Stuffed crust is a great order value booster at $2 per pizza. Adds a minimum of 15% to each of our pizzas.

We did push fresh and local as our USP for a while but it is hard to show and prove which is why our competitiors copied so we went for the stuffed crusts as this was a tangable USP that also added value. (And our competitors have given up playing catch up on this one.)

Nice! We played with a stuff crust a while ago…got food customer response as well…we were using shredded cheese, burn perhaps you’d share your secrets? I imagine a slice/tube of cheese might be easier, or a creamed base…we even used mozzarella sticks for a kick…

I may have to hang onto that idea…"what type of crust would you like…thin, traditional or stuft?