vacation visit.

Just got back from a vacation to wesern canada ----Drove up thru Tennessee, Kentucky, Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, Iowa, South Dakota, Montana. Then Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba. Then back home thru Manitoba to border, in to North Dakota, Minnesota, wisconson, Illinois, Indiana, Kentuckey again, Tennessee again then home.

5600 miles—no tickets---- no accidents—visited each place we planned—visited who we planned to visit, and attended my brothers 90 birthday party, ( thank God they are all still with us.)

HEY and all this at 80 yrs old. WHOOEE, WE hot, We hot.

While in Lacombe, Alberta we had the good fortune to meet Wayne at his pizza place , JP"s pizza, and try his oustanding pizza. Wayne was a gracious host and sat and talked with us while we sampled the pizza UM,UM, Good. then he took time to show us the kitchen. But like all other shops I’ve visited it all ended to soon as the party who accompined me wanted to leave. (they are not pizza people). As for me I could have stayed another hr. as I had a million questions to ask.

Thanks Wayne and I hope the plan to rearrange the shop works out for you.

I know this is not the normal post , just wanted to let you all know that if you keep your nose to the grind stone, you may one day like to make a similar trip

And Capt Sammy, sorry we couldn’t make your stop this trip, maybe next year.

As always ole doughball

Nice post,
I spent 16 years on the road bar tending, and worked all over the country. I think a lot of my success stems from my experiences outside of my hometown. Love to hear stories like yours, and more than that I love people with more living experience than I! PM me sir, I’d like to talk further about your travels and experiences, thanks.

Willi

80 years young! That’s a great road-trip no matter what age! (I thought that was you in front of me driving through Illinois with your turn signal on!!!) :lol:

Glad you had a good safe trip doughball. I’ll see you next time around
CaptSammy

You stopped at Wayne’s shop and didn’t come to see me :frowning: I am only six hours north of him.

It sounds like a great trip. I hope to be able to do that some day.