Vegetable Prep

How is everyone prepping their vegetables?
I buy whole onions and peppers tomatoes and mushrooms

I buy shredded lettuce, chopped salad mix, shredded red cabbage, and shredded coleslaw mix.

I use the Nemco easy sliceer for my whole vegetables. But Im really getting mad that we keep losing the shaft lock assembly every 2 months it’s annoying bc its $25 for this tiny easily lost piece of plastic. Looking for alternatives

Do you have a lock pin in place to keep that from coming out? We use the Nemco as well. We haven’t lost it since we put the little lock on it. Not sure if this is the correct size or not, but it’s the style for what we have in there:

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/bki-f0254-pin-cotter-hairpin-213/HPF0254.html?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=GoogleShopping&gclid=Cj0KCQiAgMPgBRDDARIsAOh3uyIMKl7IeNCmNg1mYIVMEWOkwZ-rEqslRCv2Dc_tO5sSzi2gxCkHymcaAoUvEALw_wcB

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Thanks I was using it but my drivers lose both the black pin and the clip constantly.

Or they end up chipping that black piece making it useless

Might look into a vegetable chute for my meat slicer

It’s tough, but if you put the pin in before the blade guard so the rounded part is facing the blade guard, it makes getting the pin out virtually impossible

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

We cut onions, green peppers and roma tomatoes with the Nemco Easy Onion.

No one using the robot coupe?

We use a robot coupe r-2.

we use the Robot Coupe CL-52…not cheap but it has paid for itself many times over in labor savings and built to last forever

I’m going to be the odd one out, we hand cut our vegetables, and then dice them. I find that the spread is better.

Nobody uses that vegetable chute that attaches to deli slicers?

I’ve always done that too. I do peppers in strips and par bake them to get some of the moisture out. I cut onion ringlets and then cut them in half. I find them both to look less like a frozen pizza and more artisan/hearty but just my opinion of course.

Never used a robot coupe myself, how does it compare to the nemco manual dicer? An is it reliable?

Robot Coupe is a solid machine. We use the CL-50. We prep a couple hundred pounds of cheese and veggies every day. We’ve burned out a couple of them. If you just do veggies it will probably last 10 years.

We dice everything. It just spreads better and is easier to eat.

The cap from a bic pen works.

We use a Nemco EZ slicer, wash, drain, and then run all veges through a salad spinner to eliminate moisture any pizza with 3 or more veges also gets breadcrumbs to reduce moisture.