voip phone system

anyone use this system?
http://www.pizzaphonesystem.com/index.html
is it a good deal? we have to pay 500 upfront (3 phones) and 199 a month.

I bought 4 VOIP phones for $75 from eBay…

I pay $99/month for those 4 lines and the auto attendant…

Nice, but a bit pricey…but cheaper than ma bell…

what was the name of the system? and who handles everything? IE if something goes wrong?

Nextiva.com

2nd go 'round with them…

I’ve yet to have them do anything, once we got set up…

Yes, I had a MAJOR problem a few years ago…but for just one nite…

More robust now and more redundant…

But you can have calls routed to your cell as well or first, as a safe guard…

I saw that pizza phone system at the food shows and really liked some of the features - especially the call sequencer and its ability to handle unlimited incoming calls with something like an add-on-hold message. It really is designed with pizza in mind.

Still, I’m too skittish from the before when someone besides the actual phone company had control of my phone number. I can’t remember the last time my land line went down, but all my internet connections are buggy from time to time. So I chickened out, resigned with Centrex and bought a new digital-phone system.

before I bought my pizza place I was in IT for many years and I am def what one would call a nerd . The Voip has changed and is really more stable then it was years ago , we use comcast ( i know dont laugh) but we have only had one issue where we had a storm that knocked all the internet, power and cable service . So not really their fault.

on a side note I think the 199 is a bit much .

Is anyone using VOIP directly without the VOIP phones? IE Are you answering calls directly on your computer? If so, what has your experience with this been?

Answering phones from a ‘soft phone’ on your pc may or may not throw a monkey wrench into your POS…I know the old style cheapies…

I used to use an LinkSys adapter, to take the Internet line to a traditional (POTS) phone…works great…I’ve got two for sale if ya want 'em…$50 each…

Thanks for the input, Patriot.

I am actually a software developer/consultant designing my own in house POS so I will have a greater ability to integrate the call answering user interface into my POS system.

However, this is not a trivial process so I will for some interim period of time face the same issue.

I am also using Nextiva for my VOIP provider. They have a demonstrated record of superior uptime on their end.

I like many of the aspects of the $199 system and the folks that created it are local to me. However, when I last spoke with them they did not have any avenue for me to integrate their product into the one I am developing, so I am not pursuing them as an option at this time.