VOIP (Pizza Cloud)

Really?

Why? Because I bring up the point that having 6 “backup centers” makes no sense - especially as the solution to 2 “backup centers” failing.

Maybe 8 or 12 would be even better. Does it need to be even numbers?

actually, the purpose of the additional data centers is geographic diversity. we were occasionally running into situations where there was nothing wrong on our end and nothing wrong at customer end but a problem somewhere in between was blocking traffic. i.e. something like a peering problem between level 3 and another carrier. so we have turned up in Google LA, google north west, google Iowa and google south caroline in addition to our columbus idiots and trenton TN locations.
so, customers in the north west are primary on google NW failover to columbus or trenton. people in south east are primary on google SC failover to trenton. each customer is using one primary one failover.
in addition since we are now looking at having over 5,000 customers added in next two years i wanted “more baskets”

Is anyone using pizza cloud with Point of Success?

pos saying it won’t work. That the caller id info won’t work with their software… anyone using both services? I would love to update my ancient phones…

We use speedline and it doesn’t “technically” work with them either, its just the caller id is hosted on pizza clouds servers

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Does the caller id info show up on your pos touchscreen? So you know who is calling…for delivery and marketing purposes?

Yes, it just behaves slightly differently than the normal caller ID due to the way the upsell messaging and stuff like that works. Give them a call, they can tell you for sure if itll work like it does for us

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

My team moved a bun rack and decided that putting in the corner next to the network board was a good idea :frowning:

They knocked the plug out of the wall for the internet router. The router was down for 20 minutes and nobody noticed, because the Pizza Cloud cellular backup kicked in and I had no interruption of service. I only noticed because my phone wouldn’t connect to the WiFi. That’s a win in my book.

It will work, I am a Point of Success dealer and we are using it in many locations with Point of Success. Feel free to reach out if you want more info or help setting it up.
William - A Custom POS - 419-960-1953

Did you require any special configuration for this to work? I am not sure if it is b/c I use Foodtec for POS, but I to have the cellular backup but pretty sure it does not work automatically. Last week we had some internt issues and it definitely did not work. Definitely on my to-do list now

I let Foodtec know that I had Pizza Cloud and intended to use cellular backup. They did some magic on their end and told me to call Pizza Cloud. Pizza Cloud talked me through the changes I needed to make on my network board, did a little of their own magic and ouila, cellular backup. We even tested it together.

It took approximately 60 seconds for the cellular backup to take over during the test.

Steve is right, you explanation does not make a lot of sense. You can can have geographic diversity for latency, not for fail over. Pizza Cloud may have internal issues with their configuration in the Google cloud, but that is a Pizza Cloud issue. Service providers need to accept feedback to improve their service, not pass on the blame…