I have been a printer for over a decade now and recently got into printing custom pizza boxes for many local pizzerias. I find it a very fun and interesting niche to be involved in and like helping out these mom and pop shops. I am also a web developer and have decided to create a website where you can order AND DESIGN your pizza box directly on the site (much like many t shirt sites like customink.com and spreadshirt.com). In researching the pizza box suppliers out there, it seems almost impossible to get a straight answer out of anyone on pricing or I am finding ridiculous pricing that is unnecessary. I have read through this entire forum and found that pizzerias are paying prices all over the place. So in saying all this, I am going to create a site that allows you to create your own boxes with your own graphics and graphics that we also have on the site and with an easy checkout process. So I am asking what are you looking for in a pizza box supplier? Here are some things I would like to know:
- What kind of minimum would help you out? (I am seeing minimums of 500 all the way up to 5,000 for custom boxes, and I am willing to go lower.)
- What would be a good final price for you on 500 custom 1 color printed boxes on a 16" box (including shipping cost and plate charges). (PM if you are not comfortable sharing this in the post)
- Is having a site where you can do everything yourself and create your own box without having to jump through a bunch of hoops and talk to several different people worth it to you?
- What kind of turnaround do you expect once you place your order for boxes?
- How many boxes do you go through on a monthly basis?
I want to create a simple solution for pizzerias to order their boxes. The ability to have your designs saved and simply place another order with a couple clicks. Let me know any other features that you could benefit from in a site like this. Your help is greatly appreciated!