What would you have done?

I am not sure if I would have given him a whole new order.he ordered his food it was made correctly,we did our job as was expected of us.we always get a phone number and we would have called and reminded him to pick it up.I have a drunk that does this with one pizza he passes out and I am stuck with the pizza,except he insists on paying for the last pizza he didnt pick up and pays for the new one he gets too the next time around.if I catch it I dont make him pay for the last pizza,since I probably sold it or donated it to the police station.
I would have probably given him half off.I would have had the pizzas sold at a discount or to donated the pd though too.

Our priority is to give a customer the benefit of the doubt . . . the first time. We want to keep money-paying customers in the barn as long and as frequently as possible. That said, we keep some notes on this sort of thing and watch to see if there is a trend. A weekly customer spending $55 per order who leaves us hanging once in 12 months is far different than the once a month guy who stiffed us twice in three months.

When action is finally needed, we will make contact with the customer to let them know we got stiffed, how often, and let them know that we need to be paid for the last order before taking another one, or eventually only take pre-paid orders from them for the next 3 months or something like that, so we can repair and recover our relationship. We also take ‘orphaned food’ to our fire department or police officers on duty. Makes them think of us when they can afford eating on shift.