Where the F##$ is my money going??? please help

Jokergerm,

I would be glad to help you with your Credit Card Fees. You say “Heartland is the cheapest around”. If that is true I will tell you so. If they’re not I’ll be happy to put some money back in your pocket.

Email or fax me a CC Statement and I will run an Analysis for you.

Hey Chief,

Dont feel badd, you are not alone. Ive been there. I did about 650k of gross sales my first year of operation and I only netted about 8% margins. But what I found was that I was over staffed and had to make adjustments. Also I did a thorough review of any and all hidden and miscl costs that pop up each and every month. Sometimes we have a bunch of little bills that we pass over and really dont think they are affecting the operation but they are. My advice is if you havent already done so , review and review your costs and see where you might have any leaks, then do any additional cost cutting you can do without affecting your quality of service. Also keep in mind that as your sales volume grows, then your efficiency will also become better , thus allowing you to see your net margins grow as well. Hope this helps.

Charlie

here is what you do for your towels, worked great for me. Wash them yourself at home or at the laundromat. Eh, scratch the landromat because washers there usually arent’ all that great. Use the normal laundry detergent, but get something like tide or similar, if they are white towels, use bleach, also use cascade powdered dishwashing detergent. Use about a cup or so for a medium sized load. Wash them twice like that and dry them in a normal dryer. Or, you could always go to disposable towels.

For what you’re paying for month, you could buy a washer. The McD I worked at many years ago had a washer in the back. No dryer, just a washer. They’d run a load when they needed to and it was fine to use them wet because you’re just going to wet them anyway. They did lay them out to air dry but the towels never sat there long enough.

now, do you offer mints as well as warm towels in the restrooms?

try brown paper towels, on a roll.

a tool you can use to help see what is happening is contribution income statement. This will help you identify how your different expenses contribute to your P/L.

PM

THE WAY I HAVE IT YER NOT DOING BAD I THINK YOU MIGHT HAVE MISSED SOMETHING. WITH WHAT I HAVE THE NUMBERS FOR WITH YOU ON YOUR LABOR COST IS $101,760 OR ABOUT 35% ADD YOUR FOOD COST SHOULD BE $182,400 OR ABOUT 63% THAT SHOULD LEAVE YOU WITH ABOUT $181,440 ALL OTHER COST TAKEN OUT YOU SHOULD BE IN THE BLACK BY ABOUT $49,000. WATCH YOUR CREW LEADERS ITS EASY TO MAKE THAT MONEY VANISH WITH A POS. DONT TRUST ANYONE IS MY MOTO.