Where to find Pizza Pans (Not in Bulk.)

Hey all,

I am testing a thinner-crust pie with a baked-on cheese edge similar to Buddy’s in Detroit. I’ve had success with seasoned, thin-steel 10x8 pans. The cheese releases beautifully from the sides without issue. I want to find a pan that does the same, but in a round format.

I’ve tried a hardcoat, 14ga, round aluminum pan and had sticking issues. I know other operators doing similar styles of pizza that have used the same gauge pans (hard coat, bare then self seasoned, and square size) that have all experienced sticking. It didn’t seem to matter what they are coated with. Interestingly, I’ve done pan pizzas with cheese pressed up to the edge that released pretty easily.

I can’t wrap my head around what’s causing it, so the only way to figure it out is to try out some pans. I was thinking of doing an 18ga aluminum pan (I would season) and a 22 ga tin plated steel pan (I would season.) Both from American Metalcraft.

Does anyone know where I could find those pans as one offs? I’ve seen most websites list them as custom orders in sets of 6, which does me no good if they stick or don’t work out. Further, can anyone recommend a pan I might be overlooking?

LLoyd Pans sell singles

I refuse to use Lloyd due to past experience. Any other providers?

You might try <www.detroitstylepizza.com> they sell pans, grippers, spatulas and lids, even a dough mix if you’re interested.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

What experience with the lloyd pans? I have some I just bought and was thinking of buying a bunch more.

Heres some single american metalcraft pans
https://www.northernpizzaequipment.com/14stackablepan-571.html

Have you looked at Amazon?..

you should be able to get singles as samples or a small charge direct from mfg…also after you season them we continue to scrape clean and hit with a small amount of Pam spray before next use for the next week or 2 and they eventually no longer stick