Why did they order pizza

This happened to me again today and I was wondering if I am the only one.

For those of you who run the occasional delivery, how often have you had the customer open the door and you are hit with the most wonderfull aromas of food cooking. We are talking something roasting in the oven, or a stew cooking or something that just gets your juices flowing. As much as I love our pizza, I’ve eaten it almost every day for the last nine years and still enjoy it, I sometimes want to ask “What smells so good, and why did you order pizza if you have that cooking?”
Of course I would never utter that question to a customer, obviously our pepperoni pizza is better than a good bowl of homemade beef stew :smiley:

Rick all I can say growing up in a family of cooks/chefs… that grew into a very large food manufacturing company… even though there was always something good cooking somewhere… the amount of PIZZA that was ordered by this mostly Irish/German/Polish family was downright amazing. I think a lot of the time it was just too satisfy the appetites of the younger ones on hand…or as a filler when things are either not turning out as planned or just taking too dang long. There is always the other reason… your pizza is so good they don’t care what is cooking in the kitchen! :idea: I would run with that one if it was me. 8)

They were on the brink of the best meal ever and whooola they burnt it, Dropped it, dog ate it.

I have had all three happen.

… or they have kids. There really is nothing like cooking a good meal to have the kids scream “I want noodles”. I also have this part-time vegan daughter. She LOVES bacon, but when I’m making pasta with meat sauce, I get stupid requests like “no sauce” or worse “no meat in my sauce”. She likes steak, she likes chicken, she likes pork, she likes fish, but sometimes, she just gets in this “no meat” mindset. It’s frustrating.

I am tha irish/german/polish guy who now runs a pizzeria, and still frequently at a family gathering we too still order up a pizza. Often, yes because of the kids but frequently when my brothers and I are hanging around after having a beer one of us will open the box on the counter and snag the last piece. Ahhhhhh

Most likly they oredr for a kids!Kids love pizza and will not goo for a anything else :slight_smile: (some times)