Wing Sauce

New to this board and Hello! Anyone have suggestions on making our own wing sauce. A mild and hot. Thanks Good day!

Start with a 50/50 mix of Franks Hot Sauce and liquid margarine. You can vary the mix to go for milder and honey cuts the heat too. Use a little red pepper to go even hotter.

I’m a Frank’s Man as well.

Mild = recipe on bottle . . . 2 parts original Hot sauce to 3 parts liquid margarine
Medium = 1 part original hot to 1 part HOTTER to 3 parts liquid margarine (or 1:1 prepared mild and hot)
Hot = recipe on bottle . . . 2 parts HOTTER Than RedHot to 3 parts liquid margarine

Torch = 10 fluid cups prepared hot above PLUS 4 oz El Yucatecca XXXtreme pepper sauce. Add more to customer demand. Most get to the 3 wing and the lips are screaming. Stomach may be fine, but mouth and lips are rough.

These guys are pretty correct, 50/50 Franks and butter or something similar, then use some other hot seasoning to adjust the spiciness level. I’d suggest sticking to something that’s very hot but relatively flavorless to avoid throwing off the “hot wing” taste, Dave’s Insanity Sauce works pretty well, and there are several sauces on the market that are clear liquids that come with an eyedropper that are fairly close to liquid pepper spray. Just don’t monkey with the hot sauce to shortening ratio or it will taste too vinegary, at least in the plain “Buffalo Style” versions. I worked for a place that had close to 30 different wing sauces, various types of barbecue and teriyaki, garlic Parmesan, Cajun, you name it we had it, and if you want some recipes just ask.

We just switched to Franks Wing sauce- it has the butter flavor built in (no oil or liquid margarine)

Tasty and easy

How does the cost compare to doing your own mix?

Is the fat content any lower? I’m always looking for ways to keep my customers healthier without them noticing.

There is NO fat in Frank’s or Texas Pete’s wing sauce. It $1 more per gallon than regular Frank’s Red Hot

We use Frank’s Xtra Red Hot sauce as the base & add a product called Phase (liquid butter sub.) in various portions + some powdered garlic - 1/2 & 1/2 w/1C. garlic = our medium sauce

Liquid margarine tends to separate in my experience…

So a gallon of medium sauce costs me about $12

Really, it ain’t that hard to make your own and store it. Save the buck or two and direct your own flavor profile.

From Frank’s website, Frank’s Redhot Buffalo Wing Sauce http://www.franksredhot.com/products_b.php
0g fat in a 1 Tablespoon serving size.

INGREDIENTS:
Distilled Vinegar, Aged Cayenne Red Peppers, Salt, Water, Canola Oil, Paprika, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Benzoate (as a preservative), Natural Butter Type Flavor And Garlic Powder.

Texas Pete Wing Sauce isn’t copy/pastable text. http://www.texaspete.com/product_buffalo.html
They post 1g fat in a serving size of 2 Tablespoons. INGREDIENTS listed as:
Peppers, Vinegar, Natural Butter Flavor, Salt, Xanthan Gum, Benzoate of Soda, Potassium Sorbate (to preserve freshness and flavor), Water, Natural Butter Flavor, Potassium Sorbate (a presevative)And Garlic Powder.Canola Oil, Paprika, Sodium Benzoate (as a preservative),