Wish me luck...

We “pulled the trigger” and took over a college store, via a management contract, I ran several years ago…

used to do 30K/mo, but after several owners - its been closed the past 30 days…no power…rent due the 1st…

reckon we’re going 2 close this operation & drop it in the new place, overnight!!!

of course, a no money down deal - can’t fail, right?

Good luck!

The Saga…

got the key…was told they weren’t even sure if it was the right one…

place was a disaster…closed for the past 30 days…

threw out tons of “special” green & slimy stuff…

still crusty dough in the bottom of the mixer’'s bowl…

the power washer is on tap for this Sunday & we plan on opening Wednesday…

if anyone is looking for a Gyro Broiler, a big Star pizza warmer or a Amigo 2-station POS - have I got a deal 4 you!

More horror stories 2 follow…

Man, hope you took pics so you can post them!

spent 4 hrs 2day w/a 3 man crew…

power washed the make line, slap table & dough table…

moved the 60 qt & washed that…the old tin bowl is trashed…looking 4 a s/s one shortly…

posted some pics @ myspace.com/goldennightspizza

had an opportunity to visit Paul @ his store in Gainesville - man, what an operation…so much volume from such a small space…

kudos 2 you, as the time spent helped shake out the cobwebs…

I can’t get the myspace link to come up. Anyone else?

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu … =414658947

This is how I found the pictures on myspace

Goodness me! That is disgusting!! Make sure future customers do NOT see that! I would have a hard time eating there if I had in my mind what USED to be there! Ugh!
I know you will do a fab job cleaning it. Good luck to you!

Truth be told, for being closed for 30 days, that ain’t nearly as bad as I’d expected.

Imagine how much less it would have cost to pay the people to clean it up 30 days ago…

more pics coming soon…imagine the mess combining 2 stores into one!!! took us 2 trips cross town…finished @ 2am…Left the ovens, 2 coolers & a heated glass display - reckon they’ll go 2 auction…

course the bad news begins piling on…water bill way overdue…as was the power & gas…the exhaust is not working (found that out after we made a pie last nite!!!)

but the good news is…new t-shirts s/b here by Tues…phone # is a winner - 44-PIZZA…

we’ll open soft on Thursday or friday @ this speed…

Water bill is overdue? Hang on, let me transfer you to the “not my problem department” :slight_smile:

Many municipalities have the bill follow the property, not the tenant/owner. So if you do not pay the outstanding balance, they shut off the water no matter who is in there.

Plus, if he bought the entire business and not an assets-only sale, he has taken on the debt obligations.

Patriot’sPizza, did you have an attorney review the purchase?

We Did It! - Closed 1st store on Tues & re-opened on Friday, 20 miles away…not 100% smooth or fully operational…a few Gremlins…like the POS server went down…had 2 pencil & paper it for a few hours…then the MM oven began speeding up 5x faster than timer was set…don’t know what thats all about…top oven won’t heat @ all, but we sold a few pies & just think - if we only had a phone & signage…

Another lease/purchase negotiating point in the due diligence and terms. Hadn’t thought of that before. Make sure there is a deadline for previous tenant or landlord to pay off any existing utility debt.