Worldpay Gateway

Anyone else using a Worldpay gateway with Speedline? We are processing with First Data North now. We had to have a gateway setup so we can use it with Speeddine. The gateway is setup on the Worldpay “express” platform fyi. Something weird is happening though, any time my drivers dispatch, I get 2 credit card copies printed, before it would only print when the order came in (that’s the way I want it still). However this only happens if a delivery is taken over the phone, it does not happen when it comes from speeddine; odd right?

Anyone have this issue? I called into support at speedline and the tech said he suspects it’s a bug in speedline 8 release 102.

Thanks

I, too, had to have a gateway put into my Speedline POS by WorldPay which I pay $30 a month to them going forward. I process with ESPG or EVO, at a much better deal than WorldPay would have been. The 2 CC receipts (merchant and costumer copies) print when the deliver order is assigned (dispatched) to a driver and not at the time the order was taken on the phone. Since the driver needs to get the CC slip signed at the door, I don’t see a benefit to having the CC slips print when the order is taking on the phone up front. That would require (the kid/cashier) to walk the slips back to the kitchen, find the make ticket and staple the slips. For me, much easier that they print for the driver when he assigns the ticket.
Not sure what you mean ‘when it comes from Speedline’, are you referring to CC-paid orders done online at your website? Of course when someone walks in and (pre)pays for a delivery, which is rare, a slip is printed immediately for them to sign…
As I understand the system, when the CC slips print, that signifies that the payment is now tagged to a drawer. Once it is tagged, it stays 'till that drawer is closed out meaning the payment will stay with the cashier and only the delivery fee will show on the driver’s checkout. And we cover our butts by having the driver get the slip signed and make an imprint of the card at the door (as stated by MC and Visa as the only way to protect ourselves from chargebacks on a ‘keyed-in transaction’

Thanks for the response. It’s really odd to me that it works this way. We use SpeedDine for online orders, when orders come from there, it prints the credit card receipt with the actual ticket. We have 2 printers, one at the front counter and one at the oven. We have make tickets for pick ups/to go/dine in. Then we have delivery presentation style tickets print and it prints any associated credit card slip with it. If it’s a SpeedDine delivery, theres no change. The difference is any delivery not from SpeedDine. It will then print the only the delivery presentation ticket but no credit card slip until the order is dispatched, then it prints 2. Sorry if I’m being redundant, I just can’t fathom why it’s like this. It only happened when we switched to the Worldpay gateway so it’s the obvious culprit. Support things it’s a bug in V8 R102 but support hasn’t given me any more info since informing them. If this is the way it is for some reason, I’d rather just have another ticket printer at the station drivers assign from so it doesn’t bother the oven tickets.

I am having this exact same issue after I updated to 102 on Wednesday. I did not change anything else with the system or gateways. It just started happening. I called support today and they couldn’t figure it out. Was told they’ll look further into it this week and give me a call back.

Rico,

Can you confirm that you do use a Worldpay gateway? When I had just Worldpay, no gateways, and ran on 102, it was still fine. My change over had too many mitigating circumstances to be sure of it being the release, although that was what they suspected.

When I spoke to a rep at support they told me release 103 was being worked on and hopefully that would fix it

Steve

Yes, Worldpay Express as well. Only happens with manually entered delivery orders.

Thanks, I will use this as a reference when I check back in with them soon.