XLT ovens

So I went to the manufacturing plant today for the XLT ovens in Wichita. They just moved to a newer, larger facility because apparently they’re selling an oven or two. I met with Peter Goodman (VP of sales and marketing) and Gary Goodson(sales manager). These guys went above and beyond the call of duty by sticking around to give me a tour of the place (I didn’t get there till 4:30 and they close at 5). We stayed there until a little after 6 until they’d answered every question I had.

I didn’t know what to expect when I first arrived. However, after looking at these ovens and after they explained to me why they’re better than Lincoln, Middleby, Blodgett, etc. I have to admit I’m now a fan. As a matter of fact, they do trade ins with other ovens and they told me I could trade mine in for one of theirs. I believe them because they’ve got somewhere near 100 MM and Lincoln carcasses pushed off to the side. When I say 100, I’m not exaggerating as there was literally a half football field worth of old ovens waiting to get shipped off to refurbishing shops. Apparently their little trade in idea is working.

The biggest part of their presentation was their explanation of the “balance” of the cook. The fans they use with the blower motors really push the air through there at a substantial pace so that every square inch gets the heat required to cook a pizza properly. One thing I didn’t know was that the back blowers are set at a higher temperature than the front blowers. I always thought that it was all the same but I was apparently mistaken.

Anyway, I just wanted to write about my experience. If anyone gets a chance to swing by the plant I would highly recommend it. As far as purchasing the ovens, it looks like I’m going to try one out at the new store. If it produces as advertised we’re probably going to go with these ovens system-wide. -J_r0kk

I’ve used my XLT for almost 2 months now and can’t say enough good things about it. I stopped by their booth in Vegas and told them if they need a reference in Florida, I would be happy to show my oven. As far as the two temp zones, they suggested to me to keep them set at the same temp. It’s working well for me. I don’t know if they still do this, but Wolfe Electric used to refurbish lincolns, so thats probably why their happy to do trades. Glad to hear their customer service and manufacturing facility is as good as their end product. I’m confident you’ll be happy with your purchase J-rokk.

i’m using an xlt 1832 here in south china. bofi has been great with service & support. highly recommending anyone looking for an oven. i’m the first xlt oven user in china if not asia.

Great posting on XLT.
george mills

I don’t know about those dead ovens getting refurbished…
It’s a GREAT display! In a different business, we used to “trade in” competitor’s equipment. Basically, it was a discount you could get for getting rid of the other guy’s brand and bringing in mine.
We’d pick up that traded in equipment, and destroy it. We wanted it OFF the market, to make room for more of our new machines…

Hi MM

Response: I do not think XLT has the profit margin to simply dispose of Trade ins. Their ovens are substantially lest costly then say Middleby or Star or many others.

The pricing strategy as I understand it is to be as close to the price of professionally rebuilt ovens as possible. I believe some XLT ovens cost less than some factory rebuilts.

George Mills