Continue to Site

1st store doing bad, opened a 2nd store, doing great, Help!!

Re: 1st store doing bad, opened a 2nd store, doing great, He

Joker, cheer up!!! 🙂

Even though you don’t like your first store, apparently its turning a profit… and if that’s case, its worth something! Put it up for sale!! I’m sure that someone would like the opportunity to improve sales!!

Last edited:
48.png
jokergerm:
its such a struggle to work at a place when your only getting 13 customers all dam day!!!
Aint that the truth.

Last edited:

Just curious where is this? Is it a real sourdough (like with a sourdough starter?)

Last edited:

Any pizza shop can do more than 13 customers per day - it all comes down to connecting with the local community. Are you running specials every day of the week, sending out advertisements, upselling on phone calls, and truly pushing hard to generate more sales? There must be a reason…can you provide us with insight on your direct marketing? Good luck!

Last edited:
48.png
jokergerm:
WELL TIME TO GO RELEAVE SOME STRESS IM OFF TO BUY A NEW STREET BIKE… thanks
Which one!!!

The new r1??? 😉

Last edited:
48.png
jokergerm:
Oh sorry i meant new to me street bike, its a 2004 r1
haha, nice! At least we got the make/model right. Thats a fun bike tho, I rode one for about 4 months.

Ride safe man!

Last edited:

Hey for 3500 bucks with 9k miles you cant go wrong

Last edited:

jokergerm,

I’ve been told that a customer needs to see a menu or impression of the business at least 6 times before they really register it.

I would normally expect any direct mail to have a temporary increase so I think you’ve been lucky with store 2 to increase and keep there without any other marketing.

I used to do a direct mail of all of my customer database about every 2 months and I had a really good response (not always wanting the exact offer I did) but a real increase then sales would drop back to normal. I now tend to focus on door hanging and cover the whole area every month. So far we’ve had good increases nearly every week for pretty much 2 years.

I understand that some areas don’t like door hanging but you need to do something pretty much all the time and do it more than once in order to get sales to rise.

BTW pretty good margin at that level of sales IMO.

Last edited:

Where have you been spending the majority of your time since you opened the 2nd store? Could there be an employee problem when you’re not around? You definitely seem to have the marketing down to a science. Could there be a community perception problem. Small towns can be quite “cliquey”. A person’s reputation can be in the dumper, in spite of doing everything right.

Last edited:

I’d be glad to come revamp your store for 1/3 the cost of relocating…signature items and all. I envy you guys that can just pack up shop and leave.

Last edited:
48.png
jokergerm:
We have done 20k direct mailers in postcard form. we did 2 seprate batches 10k each in 5k drops two weeks apart, they worked temporarly but the sales did not maintain. they fell back down to what we always do.

However at our second store we did 10k mailers and they took us from 18k a month to a 30k a month consistanly.
Assuming you have done all you can I’d say sell it and move on. The fact that you can turn a profit at those sales levels is incredible. Just have to love the added government cost of doing business here in California . . .

However, your statement implies you do not market all the time. We all know about very successful places that do no marketing at all and do great sales but that’s nothing to live by. We are in a very competitive area where our sales immediately drop off if we stop advertising. I’d say kick in the advertising and keep it up and see what happens. Your second store is exceptional in that it maintains sales without constant advertising but don’t let that give you reason to give up on another.

Heck, what would happen to your second location if you kept up the advertising???

Last edited:

We have done pretty much everything i can think of, the town we are in does not like chains i guess, it took Mcdonalds like 3 years to get off the ground, people spray painted it and vandilized it etc.

We can make a profit off of 12k a month, i mean not alot but 2-2500 or so depeneding on how much we are there.

I stay at the new store and my wife to be is at the 1st store

Our sales never plummetted but they never took off either…

Last edited:
Back