Continue to Site

20 Menu Design Samples - View Online!

Chris

Good afternoon TT,

Just a short note to say that we have added more than 20 new menu designs to our website. I know that many of you are constantly looking for inspiration for your next menu or flyer and I hope that these will help. Please have a look and let us know if you have any questions about design or printing. Thanks for reading, all the best!

View Pizza Menus Online

Last edited:
The stock menu designs are nice, but a custom design is the way to go if you want to kick it up a notch! I can’t wait to see my menus that I’m getting (maybe tomorrow?). Thanks Chris (and T-Lynn) for your help. Taradel rocks!

Last edited:
Yeah ditto it is nice to have a custom menu. We have had a great experience with Taradel and absolutely love our menus. They will custom design for 150 bucks and what is nice is you get free updates on menu items and pricing for life.

Kris

Last edited:
There is no doubt that a custom design will set you apart…However, like any investment in advertising, you need to determine if it will give you the best return…Would the 150.00 be better spent by doing a larger run and distributing more menus?..And in my opinion no matter how nice your design is, it should be changed 2 or 3 times per year…To keep it fresh…So for a small operator, several custom design fees in a year can add up…

Last edited:
I disagree with changing the design several times a year. We use the same design on the menu and it compliments the postcards we send out. They all have the same graphic. The graphics match the sign and awning on our places. It also compliments our magnets and door hangers. It helps with recognition of our name. If what you meant was changing menu items, prices and specials several times a year I agree. As for the 150 bucks it comes down to 75 bucks for each store. We have ordered about 10,000 menus in the past year and changed the menu items and pricing for free. Great investment in my opinion.

Kris

Last edited:
48.png
royster13:
And in my opinion no matter how nice your design is, it should be changed 2 or 3 times per year…To keep it fresh…
I would think you could try to negotiate minor adjustments for less money, depending on the changes.

Our philosophy of print pieces is that we don’t want the customer getting too bored with our stuff. Keep the core visual branding and make subtle or sometimes bold shifts to keep their interest. We want the customer to perceive that we are working to keep their attention . . . while keeping the visual recognition. Our menu design is such that we can change the catch phrase, color blocking, word placement and such in order to get a different look and impact while still making it look like the brother of the last layout/design. The print assets all look close enough to be related, but not twins.

Maybe that is what Royce is suggesting? Reminds me I gotta get moing to finish the proposal for the newest menu layout so we can get more printed. New menu items and some new pricing are ni order as well.

Last edited:
1st of all, what works for you is the most important thing…And what works for you may not work for everyone…Marketing requires testing and “tweaking” to get the best results…

Now as far as changes in design…I need to clarify a bit…A series of menus should have a consistent theme that help reinforces your brand…But some of the content (images and text) should change over time…When I get a menu in my mail that looks the same as the last one, I may not replace the one on my fridge with a new one…But if the image on the front page is different I will…The changes in images also cause me to give the menu a 2nd look before I put in on the fridge (I have lots of magnets on my fridge…lol)…

And Kris I do not know how large your market is so I have no idea if 10,000 menus is too many or too few…In my past I found that 3 to 7 weeks between menu distributions worked best…So at the middle of the range, each house in your market should get a menu every 5 weeks…This can be adjusted up or down with testing…

And in my experience, more frequent distribution with less discounting gave a better return than less frequent distribution and using discounts to drive business…At the end of my involvement with my last pizza place, we had completely eliminated coupons, discounts, etc. from our menu…Gross sales were less than during discounting but the amount at the bottom line was higher…

Now before anyone goes crazy, it is worth doing some testing…Pick a slice of your market and send menus every 5 weeks…Pick another slice and do it every 7 weeks…You need to do this for some time…You also need to pick areas that have similar demographics or your results might be skewed…Then look at the results…You should be able to tell if you get increased sales from the more frequent area and if the extra investment is worth it…Extra sales are no good if it costs you more than they are worth to get them…

PS…Although I make my living selling fridge magnets, there is no doubt in my mind that distributing menus is the best investment a pizzeria can make…

Last edited:
Back