Continue to Site

2nd try - A new menu for my new restaurant - Feddback please

ResortPizza

These menus are going into the phone book 4 weeks before we open. I created all artwork, branding, menus etc. myself.
The prices are not included but a 14" hourse receipe pizza will be about $25 plus $2.50 for delivery. Our pizzas are gourmet using top notch ingredients. Focusing on value, service and high quality food (something my Canadian ski town needs big time). Anyhow, what do you guys think about the menu and look and feel? The images are low resolution so you guys could view them with out loading delays.

Tell me the lasagna doesn’t look irresistble in the full page display heading the menu section in the book.

http://profile.imageshack.us/user/panolis/

Last edited:
Re: 2nd try - A new menu for my new restaurant - Feddback pl

my proof reading and typing skills are terrible…

Last edited:

I’m thinking that a standard phone book page will lose some of the color impact of your image. I may be wrong now. But I don’t think so. It looks better suited for a glossy page to make the colors pop. You may lose some of the delectability of the lasagna, for instance. 🙂

Last edited:

It will in most cases. The display tab ad with the lasgna will be printed on glossy card stock that is the first page of the dining guide section in the phone book. The rest are menu pages that print on a white backround and there will be some color loss for sure but it will still look good.

Last edited:

Very impressive. My only concern would be the loss of the vibrant color when it’s put into the phone book.
I’m not being picky, but under “Chicken Cacciatore”, the word piled is spelled incorrectly. It’s just something I noticed reading thru your menu. 🙂

Last edited:
roanoke 49:
Very impressive. My only concern would be the loss of the vibrant color when it’s put into the phone book.
I’m not being picky, but under “Chicken Cacciatore”, the word piled is spelled incorrectly. It’s just something I noticed reading thru your menu. 🙂
Many thanks for the typo, much appreciated…

Last edited:

hey, I just looked at your designs and thought I would share my input. I don’t feel your designs create an appetite, not that it’s bad, it just seems you are focusing on type fonts more than being visual. I feel the background is too plain and simple, and the colors are conflicting with creating a smooth design. You changed your logo in one of the 3 ads, which can totally make your consumers misinterpret the brand. Try to be consistent in all of your designs. In that part that you just list family combos for 2 4 6 8 10 12 … I don’t feel that works, I think you can make a better use of the space while simply saying “a combo for every family size!â€. There is no direction in the menus, meaning I don’t know where to look first, there is too many things you want to say and they each have their own priorities. (oh and also retake the pictures, give it some background so it doesn’t look so dark and heavy). Now I’m not trying to be like Simon from American Idol 😛 but I hope what I said is for the better. I know designing the menus yourself can be cost effective so I’m just trying to help you make it look as professional as possible. I don’t have free time, otherwise I would change some of the layout and design for you.

Let me know what you think.

MyPizzaPromo:
hey, I just looked at your designs and thought I would share my input. I don’t feel your designs create an appetite, not that it’s bad, it just seems you are focusing on type fonts more than being visual. I feel the background is too plain and simple, and the colors are conflicting with creating a smooth design. You changed your logo in one of the 3 ads, which can totally make your consumers misinterpret the brand. Try to be consistent in all of your designs. In that part that you just list family combos for 2 4 6 8 10 12 … I don’t feel that works, I think you can make a better use of the space while simply saying “a combo for every family size!â€. There is no direction in the menus, meaning I don’t know where to look first, there is too many things you want to say and they each have their own priorities. (oh and also retake the pictures, give it some background so it doesn’t look so dark and heavy). Now I’m not trying to be like Simon from American Idol 😛 but I hope what I said is for the better. I know designing the menus yourself can be cost effective so I’m just trying to help you make it look as professional as possible. I don’t have free time, otherwise I would change some of the layout and design for you.

Let me know what you think.
Hey promo, thanks for the feedback, you make some great points. Remember, these menus are for the phone book which except for the display ad will be printed in low quality phone book paper (background screens generally don’t work well) and i tried to keep it simple. A bold design is what i was trying to achieve to stand out from the other menus and they print better in phone books. Panoli’s rotisserie is a different concept, thus a different brand for it and it will be marketed differently from Panoli’s pizzeria but marketed together so people get it, hopefully.

Agreed about the family combos, I had to put something together ASAP, and created them on the due date for artwork submission for the book, my chef dropped the ball on those, Arggg!!! I wanted each combo to have its own list of items, and I wanted to have some combos that leaned towards chicken and some ribs.

When I create my take-out menu, I’ll send you a copy to check out, I’ll have much more space for pics and layout.

Last edited:

alrighty 🙂

I trust you have done some research on the effectiveness of phone book ads…If you are looking at hotel business you better dig deeper…The last few hotels I stayed in had “sanitized” phone books…IE the pizza, chinese food, taxi, etc. ads were removed so the the operators could sell them space in their in room directories…

Last edited:
48.png
royster13:
I trust you have done some research on the effectiveness of phone book ads…If you are looking at hotel business you better dig deeper…The last few hotels I stayed in had “sanitized” phone books…IE the pizza, chinese food, taxi, etc. ads were removed so the the operators could sell them space in their in room directories…
A few hotels do that here, but only the big ones with in-house room service. I know the Delta has their own in-room directory, and the RP directory is here with custom covers unique to the hotel.

Last edited:
Back