Continue to Site

?_Ciccone:

• Thread starter Thread starter system
  • Start date Start date
S

system

Hi,
i had a question about pricing toppings. What would you recommend i do if someone orders (for example) 1 large, 1/2 cheese and 1/2 pepperoni. Do we charge them what we would normaly charge for a 1 large topping or half of that. Half the price would seem fair, but i think most places charge the entire price. Please help.

Thank you in advance
Bobby

We charge the whole pizza at the highest price plus a $1 surcharge for 1/2 and 1/2.

We round to the next whole topping, and most customers know that. we count the total number of topping halfs, divide by two and round up. Works well.

Last edited:
Hi Bobby, I have always charged the full item and not because I am greedy. The consensus is I want to shy customers away from ordering that way. If you don’t charge them then 1/2 becomes 1/3 and leads to 1/4. If you do it for 1/2 then how do you justify the others. In some reataurants there is a plating charge if you split a dish or change the recipe. Wether it is good business practice or not is questionable but if you have a busy place doing any special order really slows things down. Hope this helps…Dino

Wow - lots of options.
We charge the whole pizza at the most expensive half.
But we have a funny pricing scheme that hits “unlimited” pretty quick too.
And we don’t mind 1/2’s or even 1/3’s or 1/4’s. Yeah, they slow us down, but not that much, and it’s just another little thing we do better than other places. Got my POS set up to handle fractions too.

Last edited:
I agree with Dino, but I do 1/2’s only and charge 75% of whole toppings…i have found that the while we rarely screw up orders, the chances of making mistakes with 1/4’s and 1/3’s are greatly increased.

Last edited:
Back