?_Lehmann: PLease help solve my little pizza problems

• Thread starter Thread starter system
  • Start date Start date
Denis;
If you would please be more specific as to what your problems are I’m sure I can help you or point you to someone who can.
If you need halp with a dough formula or processing procedure (dough management) be sure to take a look in the RECIPE BANK as there are a lot of great formula and procedures shown there.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Last edited:
My recipe is :
Salt 1,89%
Sugar 1,58%
Wheat Starch 0,13%
Baking Powder 0,4%
‘low-sugar’ Instant Yeast 1,2%
flour 100%
egg 2,48%
vegetable oil 25ml
water 54,44% about 31C

Procedure:
  • Mix all dry ingredients with water and let rest 3 min
  • Pour all ingredients at once inside planetary mixer
  • Mix on first speed 5-6 min until dough ball formed
  • Put dough ball on table for 15 min rise
  • Weigh each dough ball according to pan sizes
  • Put dough balls again for another 15 min rise
  • Put a little bit of oil in pans
  • Roll each dough ball with a dough roller and put in pans
  • Put pans in proofing cabinet and wait until dough rises to ‘middle line’
    and its ready to be used (about 50 minute)
  • When its rised to middle line, put in chiller 8 degree C, if you dont want
    to use it immediately
Sauce and topping:
  • Place ring above pizza dough
  • Give tomato sauce
  • Put a little bit of cheese (mozzarella)
  • Put some toppings
  • Put approx 50g cheese (mozzarella)
Put into oven :
  • Put into Middleby Marshall 245C 7 mins or 280C 5.30mins
PROBLEMS ARE:
  1. There are small white dots all over the crusts and it looks ugly.
  2. The cheese and sauce looks too dry and it looks no good.
  3. I found there’s “BIAS” setting in my Middleby Marshall conveyor oven,
    do you know what is the function of this setting and whats the best
    setting for it? I use ‘15’
    HOW TO CURE THIS PROBLEM?
    Pics are at:
    http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=3705

Denis;
I tried to access the pics but couldn’t get recognized. Maybe you can send them directly to me at [email protected]
Your dough formula and procedure are rather strange. To begin, delete the wheat starch, eggs and baking powder (probably the cause of blisters on the surface of your crust). Then, put the water in the mixing bowl (21C) followed by the flour and the rest of the dry ingredients. Mix at low speed for 3 minutes then add the oil and mix one more minute at low speed. Now mix at medium speed for 8 to 10 minutes. Check the finished dough temperature, it should be close to 26 -28C. Immediately divide the dough into desired weight pieces and form into balls, place into dough boxes and oil the tops of the dough balls, or if you don’t have dough boxes, oil the entire dough ball and drop into individual plastic bags (bread bags work well). If using dough boxes cross stack them in the cooler for about 90 to 120 minutes, then stack them so they are nested. If you are using bags, twist the end of the bag closed and place it onto a sheet pan in the cooler tucking the twisted end under the duugh ball as you place it onto the pan. The dough will be ready to use after 12 to 18 hours in the cooler. To use the dough balls, remove from the cooler about 60 to 90 minutes before you need to use them, then lightly flour the dough balls and begin shaping them to fit the pan(s). Place the panned dough into a proofer at 31 to 32C and 75% relative humidity, or cover and place in a warm area to rise for about 60 minutes, or until the dough is about 1/2-inch (12 mm) thick in the center. Apply sauce and toppings and bake at 450 to 500F until lightly golden brown in color.
You mention only 50g of Mozzarella cheese. This must be a VERY small pizza. For a 12-inch (29.4 cm) diameter thick crust pizza it is common to use approximately 200 to 250g of cheese and about the same weight of sauce. I don’t know how this compares to what you are doing.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Last edited:
Back