?_Lehmann: tough pizza dough

• Thread starter Thread starter system
  • Start date Start date
S

system

I am anticipating going into the business. I have been making pizza in my home oven on a stone for some time. The taste is great but my dough texture is tough rather than easy to the tooth as many of the local pizza shops produce. I use a blend of all purpose flour and bread flour. I have tried to blend in Caputo but that seems to make the final product even tougher. Any suggestions as to how I can adjust my recipe to make the finished crust easier to bite through?

David Levy:
I am anticipating going into the business. I have been making pizza in my home oven on a stone for some time. The taste is great but my dough texture is tough rather than easy to the tooth as many of the local pizza shops produce. I use a blend of all purpose flour and bread flour. I have tried to blend in Caputo but that seems to make the final product even tougher. Any suggestions as to how I can adjust my recipe to make the finished crust easier to bite through?
I am jumping in to help Tom get a headstart on this:
send him your formula in baker’s %
have you looked at the dough recipes at PMQ ? that may shed some light for you.
I use the same flours without a problem, so I think it may be in other parts of the formula.
Otis

Back