?_lehmann

trainer4you2

I know you are very busy and have been doing the pizza production class. I submitted a topic on Oct 15th that says to the dough dr.
It is about pizza pot pie. Could you please read and give me some advice. Thank you for your help, it is greatly appreciated. Also when will your next pizza production class be, I would love to attend.
Thanks, Kel

Last edited:
Kel;
A pizza pot pie isn’t all that different from a calzone. Just remember not to get too carried away with the wet ingredients such as sauce and veggies. I’ve used the foil pot pie pans with a black colored bottom with good success. You could also use an ovenable paperboard tray too. Sheet your regular pizza dough out to about 1/8-inch thick and drape over the pan, carefully press the dough into the pan, then place another pan into the dough lined pan, using a wadded-up paper towel, force the top pan down onto the dough by turning the wadded towel in a circular motion while pushing down slightly. This forms the dough to the bottom plate without any air bubbles. Remove the top pan and coat the dough lightly with oil, apply a layer of cheese, then sauce, then toppings of choice and more cheese. We bake these at 400 to 425F in a deck oven and 375 to 400F in an air impingement oven. If you are using a deck oven you might need to use a screen under the pan to prevent burning the bottom.
Our second offering of the Practical Pizza Production course is starting in an hour. Our first offering was held last week and it was a complete sell out so we are offering it twice this year. The next offering of this course will be at about this same time next year.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

I don’t think I made myself clear in what I want to do. If you have time to the chicago pizza and grinder com web page, and you will see a pic of what they call a pizza pot pie. They actually bake all the ingredients in a bowl with the dough on top, it looks like a mushroom and then when they bring it to your table they turn it upside down and lift the bowl up and all the ingredient fall into the crust now.
Thanks, Kel

Last edited:
Back