Continue to Site

?_Lehmann:

• Thread starter Thread starter system
  • Start date Start date
S

system

I am looking at starting a commercial business besides my retail pizza shop and would like to know if there is anything with the dough recipe that might need changing when making pizza that will be frozen and baked later?

short answer - yes

not 2 rain on your parade, but keep your focus on retail until your sales reach $750K &/or you have a mult-onit operation

Last edited:
Well…That all depends upon how long you want to hold the frozen dough for.
If you want to hold it for up to 10 days, you probably won’t need to do anything else but to increase the yeast level by 25 to 50%, and store the dough in a freezer until it is completely frozen (about 3 hours or so). If you want to hold it for a much longer period of time you might be looking at blast freezing either mechanically (-25 to -38F) or cryogenically (-65 to -85F). Both are relatively expensive and require quite a bit of space. Additionally, if you plan to sell the dough to others you might need to be looking into product labeling and food security requirements too. You can get a peek at these on the FDA web site at <www.fda.gov.>.
Let me know exactly what you have in mind, and I can probably provide you with more assistance.
Please feel free to call me at 800-633-5137 (ext. 165) if you want to discuss.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Last edited:
Back