or
“You’ll like what’s in our pizza”
or
“You’ll love what’s in your pizza”

any opinions besides “it sucks” and “it’s great” appreciated

Otis

How bout…

pizza is like s*x…even if it’s not that good it’s okay 🙂

But seriously…the word love is more endearing then like…I’d use that one!

Last edited:
“jimmyspizzamontrose” said:
How bout…

pizza is like s*x…even if it’s not that good it’s okay 🙂

quote]

Yeah, but you might only get to eat pizzas twice a year :lol: 🙂 :roll:

Dave

Last edited:
I ran it by a couple of my staff and this is what they said:
“Shouldn’t that be, You will love what is ON your pizza?”
“I don’t like people telling me what I am giong to do?”
“Sounds cool”

There you have the unbiased opinion of teenagers.

Last edited:
I still like “Gunning 4 Great Pizza”…since Otis pie seems a bit lame & you are in the West…use a caricature of you twirling a pizza cutter…

Last edited:
Neither sucks nor is it great. They don’t grab me personally, but I have an obtuse sense of the world. It’s like “My pizza doesn’t svck”. That gun thing sounds like fun, though.

These sound more like slogans and advertising angles than what I perceive as Unique Selling Points.

Last edited:
Otis Gunn:
“You’ll like what’s in your pizza”
or
“You’ll like what’s in our pizza”
or
“You’ll love what’s in your pizza”

any opinions besides “it sucks” and “it’s great” appreciated

Otis
Here is what I think:
“Yammy Pizza! you’ll love what’s in it, what’s on it and what comes with it”

Last edited:
I have been told to make suggestive comments that make the customer picture and image in their heads, thus establishing a desire for my product.

i.e. “Tommy’s Pizza, I can just taste it! A hot slice of buttery flavored whole milk mozzarella pizza, piled high with spicy pepperoni!”

or

"Tommy Pizza, imagine biting into a hot slice of pepperoni pizza tonight!

People are more likely to make a purchase, when they make a decision for themselves. If your message is suggestive, and allows the customer to picture his/herself in action, they are much more like to purchase your product.

Thats why commercials always show a person consuming the product. Cause you intern, insert yourself in the picture, if you identify yourself with the characters consuming said products.

Last edited:
Personally, I think a USP ought to be used to differentiate yourself from the competition. It ought to be catchy, easy to remember, and readily associated with your business. “Better ingredients, Better Pizza” has been PJs from almost day one - seems to be working for them. How about something like “A little Slice of Heaven”

Last edited:
Our catch phrase here is…‘Come taste what everyone is raving about!’

We get more people come in and say they had to see for themselves and when they leave they’re always ranting about how good everything was.I guess it just temps them to chalenge that phrase,but it definitely works for us.
Niccademo

Last edited:
Y’all have been very generous with your feedback and I appreciate it very much, it helps more that you think.

Please do not hesitate to send more. I think I am getting closer to my USP conveying slogan.

Otis

I was missing the point on the USP somewhat. I am blurring the already kinda blurred line among business concept, brand and unique selling point/position/proposition. I found this at wikipedia and see a little better now:

In his book Reality in Advertising, Rosser Reeves (Chairman of the Board at Ted Bates & Company) gives the precise definition as it was understood at his company:
  1. Each advertisement must make a proposition to the customer: “buy this product, and you will get this specific benefit.”
  2. The proposition itself must be unique - something that competitors do not, or will not, offer.
  3. The proposition must be strong enough to pull new customers to the product.
However, Reeves warns against forming a USP based on what he calls “The Deceptive Differential” - a uniqueness that is too small or too technical for customers to observe the differences in actual practice.

Last edited:
in Nick’s post:
" However, Reeves warns against forming a USP based on what he calls “The Deceptive Differential” - a uniqueness that is too small or too technical for customers to observe the differences in actual practice. "

good point, the “who care’s” concept…

with that in mind, I am considering using the fact that I do not use sugar in my pizza, not in the dough formula or pizza sauce, nowhere.
I think that is somewhat unique, some may be thinking stupid because sugar does help manage dough fermentation.
Thought about sticking the word “sugar” in the cricle with the line through it, like the “no smkoing”, no anything else sign.

my consideration is “who cares”, don’t think younger people would…could you imagine Chuckie Cheese advertising “no sugar”…really stupid
I am in Quartzsite, AZ, all “alter-cocker” snow birds, half diabetic, so I am thinking it may be a hook here…,
any thoughts.

…on the other hand, I load my dough up with salt, 3%, little less if I use the the higher sodium kosher/seasalt, so I keep my pizza as “healthy” as everybody else’s, just different

…thanks for reading,
…Otis

Our place is kind of a hole in the wall so I suggested

“The worst place to get the best pizza”

Needless to say that went over like a lead balloon.

Last edited:
good feed back, thank you…

I am opening today and an idea came to me on my pizza description

“naturally sweet, no sugar” …cause it is…

I do not think it is so catchy but I think there is a root there, may be able to smooth it up…

all around town, people who dod not have my pizza last year ask me “what’s your pizza like?” or something to that effect, the above phase is a short description, somewhat of my iniqueness here, and enough for them to decide to visit.

Otis

Otis Gunn Pizza,

We aim to please and shoot for the best pizza you ever had!

Last edited:
Back