Continue to Site

Affordable Custom Pizza Box's for Chicago/Illinois

bulls2030

I have starting my own pizzeria in the Chicagoland area 3 years ago and I have been using generic pizza boxes ever since.
I want to expand my business and want to start using custom printed boxes in 12, 14, 16 inch sizes.

I have contacted distributors with little luck on finding anything affordable (some won’t even get me custom boxes).

Can anyone help me where I can get custom made boxes at an affordable price in the Chicagoland or Illinois area? I just want my logo, address, website, and phone number on them at most.

I would appreciate anyones feedback.

Last edited:
Try contacting Star Pizza Box. They are headquartered in Lakeland, Florida but I think they may have multiple facilities and distribute all over. They do a lot of single store operations.

Last edited:
You might also want to consider selling advertising space on your pizza boxes too. Many times local merchants will pay to have their advertising on pizza boxes as a way to keep their name in front of the consumer. Your name and advertising in the center of the box lid and sold advertising around the perimeter (taxi company, auto repair shop, video store (do they still exist?), handyman services, etc. This will help to off set the cost of your boxes.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Last edited:
I’d definitely reach out to Whalen Packaging. I found them at the Interantional Pizza Expo, and their prices are significantly better than everyone else in the industry. The quality of the box is nice. I think they’re so affordable because they manufacture in China. I got a 3 color box with no set-up/dye cost. After Sysco’s mark-up to warehouse my boxes, I pay about $0.40 for a 14" box.

Star is a great company as well, but I think they’re pretty expensive. Also, they might have high minimums.

Last edited:
You might also want to consider selling advertising space on your pizza boxes too. Many times local merchants will pay to have their advertising on pizza boxes as a way to keep their name in front of the consumer. Your name and advertising in the center of the box lid and sold advertising around the perimeter (taxi company, auto repair shop, video store (do they still exist?), handyman services, etc. This will help to off set the cost of your boxes.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor
Do you know of any shops that have done this? Do you have a picture of how their layout on the box?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back